collapse

mew

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 700
  • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2012, 18:56 »
I like ths page design better than what was here yesterday.

yes I do too. This is easier to read with this font/size and the white and light colored layout is very nice to read. There is more open whitespace etc etc
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1057
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #211 on: January 28, 2012, 20:22 »
    hi all. i’m python from the cn.

good to see dim ‘at work’ again :) i always was partial to dim’s candid posting style.

lurked for a bit, was itching to start posting and now that i see so many cn posters i like, i had to  :o

i’ll try to be less serious and grumpy than over there  :)

Hi python, good to see you over here too :)
  • ReplyReply

• Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 163
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #212 on: January 28, 2012, 22:16 »
    I´m on board and "I yam what I yam".
    Hoping this new forum will be the balanced and enjoyably relaxed one that we all crave, where the only  rules are the good ones and everything else is cool and froody
  • ReplyReply
  • About Masters Club racing:
    ".. if I can't double the petrol money, I'm headin over the mountains instead" - Michael Fox, Team SAS

Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 163
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #213 on: January 28, 2012, 22:18 »
    Incidentally, if you really want to discuss CN forums with me - do it over there, because here I couldn´t really care less.  Ah the serenity!   ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #214 on: January 28, 2012, 23:01 »
    I´m on board and "I yam what I yam".
    Hoping this new forum will be the balanced and enjoyably relaxed one that we all crave, where the only  rules are the good ones and everything else is cool and froody

It's a veritable mass migration! :)

Welcome, Martin.
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4177
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #215 on: January 29, 2012, 01:02 »
    wow - everyone is here

and hopefully friendly    ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #216 on: January 29, 2012, 01:04 »
    Incidentally, if you really want to discuss CN forums with me - do it over there, because here I couldn´t really care less.  Ah the serenity!   ;D

I think thats a general forum rule, what happens on cn, stays on cn. This is a new friendy place open to all.
  • ReplyReply

• python

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 17
    • still to be born
    « Reply #217 on: January 29, 2012, 01:55 »
    hi python!
    nice to have the option of this friendly feeling forum...I was getting tired of all the bickering over @cn depending on who you did or didn't like as a rider.
    i hear you, mew  ;) my new skin is thicker than the one i shed (and left) over there  :D
    Hi python, good to see you over here too :)
    cheers ! it already feels comfy here.
    I think thats a general forum rule, what happens on cn, stays on cn.
    wait a minute, dim… :ois dual citizen legal ?  8) as far as I can tell, most of us still are… :D
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #218 on: January 29, 2012, 02:03 »
    i hear you, mew  ;) my new skin is thicker than the one i shed (and left) over there  :Dcheers ! it already feels comfy here. wait a minute, dim… :ois dual citizen legal ?  8) as far as I can tell, most of us still are… :D

what i mean is, arguments over there dont come over here, and problems with their, get discussed over there.

This is sanctuary..

You just wanted to show you could multi quote ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:03 by Admin »

python

• Domestic Rider
    • still to be born
    « Reply #219 on: January 29, 2012, 02:18 »
    You just wanted to show you could multi quote ;)
    or perhaps i'm not in a rush to boost my post count to 10 and enter the pharmacy  :P  ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Training Wheels

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #220 on: January 29, 2012, 02:19 »
    Going to work on the emoteicons.

Sounds like more fun than going to work on the bus  ;)

• ReplyReply
  • Never Stop Exploring!

Training Wheels

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #221 on: January 29, 2012, 02:21 »
    I think thats a general forum rule, what happens on cn, stays on cn. This is a new friendy place open to all.

Just like Vegas or rugby tours!
  • ReplyReply

• Damiano Machiavelli

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 18
    « Reply #222 on: January 29, 2012, 02:32 »
    i hear you, mew  ;) my new skin is thicker than the one i shed (and left) over there  :Dcheers ! it already feels comfy here. wait a minute, dim… :ois dual citizen legal ?  8) as far as I can tell, most of us still are… :D

Am I still free to complain about RBR, Podium Cafe, Serotta forum, Velocipede Salon, DPF, and Bike Radar?
  • ReplyReply
  • Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the Earth quakes and the poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of heaven shake. Yeah.  Jack just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Gimmie your best shot, pal, I can take it."

Arb

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 572
    « Reply #223 on: January 29, 2012, 02:45 »
    lol Bike Radar. I'm not sure why it is so special that Future decided to spare it from Outbrain.
  • ReplyReply

• GreasyMonkey

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #224 on: January 29, 2012, 03:19 »
    lol Bike Radar. I'm not sure why it is so special that Future decided to spare it from Outbrain.

A quick guess, somebody who "matters" at Future has a personal interest in Bike Radar, unlike CNF....?
  • ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 7
    « Reply #225 on: January 29, 2012, 03:54 »
    i hear you, mew  ;) my new skin is thicker than the one i shed (and left) over there  :Dcheers ! it already feels comfy here. wait a minute, dim… :ois dual citizen legal ?  8) as far as I can tell, most of us still are:D

...most of us...

Clean break for me.  I really dig the new place.  I renounced my citizenship there, so after my ban is up, I am gone.  I think the posts will still be there, but the will be listed under "guest"  Good luck to all the people there.  I think the features here are going to move a lot of people though once they see what this place is and can do.  Great forum software (I think I've mentioned it several times, but it is worth repeating.)
  • ReplyReply
  • "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." ~ Thoreau

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #226 on: January 29, 2012, 04:02 »
    ...most of us...

Clean break for me.  I really dig the new place.  I renounced my citizenship there, so after my ban is up, I am gone.  I think the posts will still be there, but the will be listed under "guest"  Good luck to all the people there.  I think the features here are going to move a lot of people though once they see what this place is and can do.  Great forum software (I think I've mentioned it several times, but it is worth repeating.)

Hoping it does not just become CN forums with different formatting though. I still hang around both and think this forum has a more relaxed feeling.

still has the new car smell
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    « Reply #227 on: January 29, 2012, 04:17 »
    I'm thinking that most find this a nice refuge from the garbage going on @ cn and will strive to carry the good vibes on here.

lol python can multi quote...I think he may be the first to do this here.. :D
  • ReplyReply

• Francois the Postman

• National Champion
    • Liked: 972
    « Reply #228 on: January 29, 2012, 04:35 »
    I have already witnessed several people burning their old clothes, and leaving grudges, battle scars and stale antagonism behind. A very welcome change, encouraging, and long may it last.

Maybe we all were due a reboot, and it took a pro-active overlord like Dim to stop the growing frustration with each other.

It would be nice if we all could slip back into enjoying the banter about a sport that enthuses all of us, in a relaxed way. Less point-scoring, and arguing about the position of a comma in a sentence.

It probably also makes a difference to that he has made this our house [kudos]. It can be very inviting to give CN a kick up its arse, but mess with Dim, and you've probably have outstayed your welcome with the rest of us here, rapidly.

This really can be the place we want it to be, and make room so others can have it their way too. It certainly ought to be easier to find corners in a building that suits some, but probably not others, when we are able to change the lay-out of the place without having to wait 4 weeks before someone flicks a switch.

Good vibes. Hope we will remember why we arrived here, when the heat of an exchange carries us away. Agree to disagree, live and let live. We all love cycling, and a good chat that most of us probably can't have quite the same way, wherever we are logging in from. That's why we are here. 

[off to play some hippy sh*t]
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:42 by Francois the Postman »

python

• Domestic Rider
    • still to be born
    « Reply #229 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08 »
    To further ‘impress dim and mew with my mult-iquotes :D
    ...most of us... I renounced my citizenship there……
    sorry tff for chopping up you post. i wanted to focus on the specific points you made. .yes most of us love the freedom of being a multiple citizen. but such is the bizarre nature of busy people (or perhaps it’s plain human inertia or a drive for a comfort zone) that most (i know i will) are likely to settle on a ’preferred forum’.  very unfortunately, and in my view (in this specific case) unfairly, you were denied that option. the ironic and perhaps the sad side  of your renouncement is that you quit several dozen of posters who consider you their official cn cyber friend.  i was never ‘officially’ listed but I’m willing to correct that deficiency here provided dim allowed the option…i’m still exploring... 
    Hoping it does not just become CN forums with different formatting though. I still hang around both and think this forum has a more relaxed feeling. still has the new car smell
    i like the ‘new car’ comparison. can’t vouch for others, but after a while my new car became just a car. the point being is, all forums start high and often ride low, it’s how they deal with the inevitable lows is the challenged for both the success and survival.  if it comes to it. lots of shyt goes into the generality but at the end of the day it's the strength of the community that rules,
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #230 on: January 29, 2012, 07:48 »
    Some of the bickering over there could funny but it was kind of getting on my nerves of late, and the endless pointless polls...   

I'm like with TFF on this and done with the place but maybe i'll lurk on some of the raceday threads once in a while..,and maybe check out how bad my fantasy team is doing.   :P

• ReplyReply

• SAT252

« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2012, 12:42 »
    Hi

Another lurker from the ad site. Allways been to intimidated to post so hoping to find a suitcase of courage to dip into over here!

Got into cycling via Robert Millar in the 80s but not seriously until good old P & P on chanel 4 in the 90s! To decrepid to do more than talk a good race though.
  • ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #232 on: January 29, 2012, 13:06 »
    To further ‘impress dim and mew with my mult-iquotes :Dsorry tff for chopping up you post. i wanted to focus on the specific points you made. .yes most of us love the freedom of being a multiple citizen. but such is the bizarre nature of busy people (or perhaps it’s plain human inertia or a drive for a comfort zone) that most (i know i will) are likely to settle on a ’preferred forum’.  very unfortunately, and in my view (in this specific case) unfairly, you were denied that option. the ironic and perhaps the sad side  of your renouncement is that you quit several dozen of posters who consider you their official cn cyber friend.  i was never ‘officially’ listed but I’m willing to correct that deficiency here provided dim allowed the option…i’m still exploring...

I have already witnessed several people burning their old clothes, and leaving grudges, battle scars and stale antagonism behind. A very welcome change, encouraging, and long may it last.

Maybe we all were due a reboot, and it took a pro-active overlord like Dim to stop the growing frustration with each other.

It would be nice if we all could slip back into enjoying the banter about a sport that enthuses all of us, in a relaxed way. Less point-scoring, and arguing about the position of a comma in a sentence.

It probably also makes a difference to that he has made this our house [kudos]. It can be very inviting to give CN a kick up its arse, but mess with Dim, and you've probably have outstayed your welcome with the rest of us here, rapidly.

This really can be the place we want it to be, and make room so others can have it their way too. It certainly ought to be easier to find corners in a building that suits some, but probably not others, when we are able to change the lay-out of the place without having to wait 4 weeks before someone flicks a switch.

Good vibes. Hope we will remember why we arrived here, when the heat of an exchange carries us away. Agree to disagree, live and let live. We all love cycling, and a good chat that most of us probably can't have quite the same way, wherever we are logging in from. That's why we are here. 

[off to play some hippy sh*t]

Kind words python, and I think you were listed there at the very end.  I hope many of my other cyber friends will migrate here.

As Francois points out so well, there was a negative vibe over there that developed.  I certainly contributed to that extensively.  I will endeavor to do the opposite here.  Trolls will come, they do to any forum.  What I hope is that here, instead of trying to drive them away with words upon words, they are just ignored.  Let that battle continue to rage, and other battles of the non-trolling variety rage there.  I love cycling, and I love talking about racing.  I think that if we can get a live chat for race days instead of the posting in a forum format, we will certainly draw a crowd.

Francois, great post.  It does feel good to shake off the winter clothes.  It feels like spring...which is my favorite time of year, especially for cycling.  Now, I will go do some hippy sh*t too. :)
  • ReplyReply

• Thoughtforfood

• Domestic Rider
    « Reply #233 on: January 29, 2012, 13:10 »
    Hi

Another lurker from the ad site. Allways been to intimidated to post so hoping to find a suitcase of courage to dip into over here!

Got into cycling via Robert Millar in the 80s but not seriously until good old P & P on chanel 4 in the 90s! To decrepid to do more than talk a good race though.

Welcome.  I am sure for someone lurking, CN could be very intimidating.  Hard to jump in.  Here, you jumped in on the ground floor, so you get to help set the tone here, and talking a good race is great fun...we just have to get to Omloop Het Nieuwsblad for the real fun to start.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    « Reply #234 on: January 29, 2012, 16:45 »
    Hi

yes welcome!
    Pretty much all the posters on cn were/are good folks. but lots of opinions and over-fueled fires that just went on....so the vibes did feel a bit intimidating I suppose. That's not good.

Everyone deserves a chance to chime in and share knowledge and thoughts, so really glad you jumped in here!

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    « Reply #235 on: January 29, 2012, 16:47 »
    I see that we have a 'buddy' system but I'm wondering if there is a friend-type bucket on each of our profiles that accommodate avatars as well....
    have not really looked into it yet... ??? :-\

It am hoping maybe Damiano or someone will start up a CAT GROUP and if that is a function of this forum...guess I need to check things out there
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #236 on: January 29, 2012, 16:56 »
    at the moment its just buddies and they appear in bold on the whos online list, and you can post comments on people profiles. There are more things can be added, something called super profile that allows all sorts of things.

Something for the future.
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 987
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #237 on: January 29, 2012, 17:30 »
    Hi

Welcome. Jabberwocky is an art form.
  • ReplyReply

• Sylvester

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 38
    « Reply #238 on: January 29, 2012, 23:49 »
    This smiley alone  :-* makes this forum worthwhile. Thanks for creating these boards, as much as I liked the-place-that-shall-not-be-named it did have a lot of disadvantages, thus I never posted a lot.

As for me: Belgian, currently studying in Italy and enjoying la dolce vita, more of a runner than a cyclist, more of an Euskaltel than a Boonen fan, and eh, of course I'm a bad puddy tat with a pink skin under his fur coat, too.
  • ReplyReply

• Francois the Postman

• National Champion
    • Liked: 972
    « Reply #239 on: January 30, 2012, 00:05 »
    .... more of an Euskaltel than a Boonen fan, ....
    Ah, you are not alone in here. I have always had a soft spot for our man in orange, and their local supporters. Welcome aboard!
  • ReplyReply

•