:cow
  • ReplyReply

• Eric

• Shabba!
    • Neo Pro
    • Liked: 102
    Re: Introduce yourself
    « Reply #631 on: July 28, 2013, 05:53 »
    Hi everybody  :D. I'm another CN refugee- you must have loads of those by now.

Anyway, my name is Eric, I'm 19, I've been following cycling since I was 12, and my favourite rider is Lo Squalo. Other than cycling, I'm into football, cricket, and reggae.
  • ReplyReply
  • The best album ever: itunes.apple.com/us/album/riddim-driven-sleng-teng-extravaganza/id76251384

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4181
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #632 on: July 28, 2013, 06:42 »
    :welcome
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2516
    « Reply #633 on: July 28, 2013, 11:52 »
    More Nibali fans :win

Welcome, good to have you on board ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3544
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France Prediction Champ2020 Worlds Prediction Champ2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
    « Reply #634 on: July 28, 2013, 21:48 »
    As the name suggests, by no means a serious cyclist myself, but it is increasingly the anti-obesity weapon of choice of this particular middle aged man.  I resolved when I started occasional cycling to never become a MAMIL: I fear that may not last indefinitely.

English born and resident, but Irish background and disposition to fail Norman Tebbit's cricket test make me look out more for Roche and Martin than for Wiggins and Cav.   I have, however, been watching Chris Froome's career with interest since his Barloworld days, mainly because I  have an ex-brother-in-law of the same name  (not divorced: Chris is now a sister-in-law).   Having spent some years working in South America, I also have a soft spot for the Colombians, and given that most of my S American experience was in Ecuador, am still hoping for Byron Guama's breakout season.  I have a long Caisse d'Epargne management career in PCM10, so also reserve a little cheer for those that have been part of that team.

First noticed road cycling as a search for some pride in ancestral homeland in the Roche/Kelly era, then 'lapsed' into July fandom for many many years, and suddenly rediscovered the sport and the online communities and streaming possibilities about 4 years ago.  By virtue of playing around with Excel files, I seem to have inherited the management of some CQ based games in 'another place': somehow fluked my way to top ten placings in the first two editions of the season CQ game, but my current position is far more indicative of my depth of expertise.

Teacher, fan of 60's jazz, spasmodic editor on Wikipedia, former season ticket holder at Gillingham FC, taxi driver to a mother-in-law with dementia...
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6803
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #635 on: July 28, 2013, 22:00 »
    Lovely story and an excellent avatar. Welcome!
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #636 on: July 28, 2013, 22:07 »
    Teacher, fan of 60's jazz, spasmodic editor on Wikipedia, former season ticket holder at Gillingham FC, taxi driver to a mother-in-law with dementia...

Nice to meet a fellow Wiki Editor :D
  • ReplyReply

• Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France Prediction Champ2020 Worlds Prediction Champ2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
    « Reply #637 on: July 28, 2013, 22:09 »
    Lovely story and an excellent avatar. Welcome!
    Avatar is detail of the inner sleeve of an album by Half ManHalf Biscuit, with a pseudo-classical picture of the Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem (Palm Sunday) with one member of the crowd holding up a banner reading "Dirk Hoffman Motorhomes".  Made me laugh.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:33 by Armchair Cyclist »

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #638 on: July 28, 2013, 22:11 »
    Nice to meet a fellow Wiki Editor :D
    We worked together there on the Lance Armstrong article when all was sparking off.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #639 on: July 28, 2013, 22:51 »
    We worked together there on the Lance Armstrong article when all was sparking off.

:fp dont even remind me of that article.  i decided it wasnt worth the stress.

Although at some point I do intend to sort out the fact that someone split all the doping stuff into an article called "lance armstrong doping investigatiion" despite being told the investigation was never called that, and then failing to actually finish the article. :fp
  • ReplyReply

• norbs

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 3
    • Likes : Cycling, photography and food. Dislikes : Rainy days, punctures and Tony Abbott.
      • Non Pro Cycling
    « Reply #640 on: July 31, 2013, 07:46 »
    G'day, I'm norbs.

I am a fat bloke that rides a bike and runs off at the mouth on the Twitters and my cycling blog ( www.nonprocycling.com )

Been lurking about for a while. Hope to be able to add to the discussion with out peeing too many people off.

• ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #641 on: July 31, 2013, 08:10 »
    G'day, I'm norbs.

I am a fat bloke that rides a bike and runs off at the mouth on the Twitters and my cycling blog ( www.nonprocycling.com )

Been lurking about for a while. Hope to be able to add to the discussion with out peeing too many people off.

Welcome, young man. I've been aware of you for quite a while already on Twonter.  :D
  • ReplyReply

• norbs

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 3
    • Likes : Cycling, photography and food. Dislikes : Rainy days, punctures and Tony Abbott.
      • Non Pro Cycling
    « Reply #642 on: July 31, 2013, 13:59 »
    Welcome, young man. I've been aware of you for quite a while already on Twonter.  :D

Shh, don't tell anyone.   :niceday
  • ReplyReply

• batchuba

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 98
    • Vuelta 2013 Green Jersey Winner
    « Reply #643 on: August 03, 2013, 19:28 »
    I COME FROM THE PLANET CYCLINGNEWS, TAKE ME TO YOUR CLINIC.  :brains

Um, another CyclingNews refugee checking in; just noticed the thread and thought I'd say Hi.
    I  do miss the febrile CN atmosphere of personal abuse, rage and hyper criticism, but on the plus side I am becoming addicted to your fancy emote thingies. 

Cheers!   :i am not durnk:
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• World Champion
    • Liked: 9322
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #644 on: August 03, 2013, 20:07 »
    I find some of the emotes a bit difficult to recognize. Have to mouse over them to find out what they mean.  :=B Though in some cases even that doesn't help.

I'm another fugee too. More of a lurker than a poster, other than in betting threads, but enjoying the slower pace of life here in VR (and enjoying knocking Dim off various arcade leaderboards!).

Thinking about getting back on my bike as well, so I'm finding the discussions in "Bikes & Gear" pretty useful.
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #645 on: August 03, 2013, 21:16 »
    I COME FROM THE PLANET CYCLINGNEWS, TAKE ME TO YOUR CLINIC.  :brains

Um, another CyclingNews refugee checking in; just noticed the thread and thought I'd say Hi.
    I  do miss the febrile CN atmosphere of personal abuse, rage and hyper criticism, but on the plus side I am becoming addicted to your fancy emote thingies. 

Cheers!   :i am not durnk:

we dont stop at emotes, we have teamkits #astana #mapei #z #panasonic and flags too *nl *de *fr

for the newbies, teamkits are # followed by the team name, countrys are * followed by the two letter iso alpha code for the country, nl, de etc (except usa which is usa)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7922
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #646 on: August 03, 2013, 21:47 »
    except usa which is usa
    Been meaning to ask - why is that?

And a warm welcome to our new members, to make this at least partially on topic. :wave
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #647 on: August 03, 2013, 22:06 »
    Been meaning to ask - why is that?
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1091
    « Reply #648 on: August 03, 2013, 22:43 »
    Hello

Another CN forum refugee who has found his way here.

Should probably have got here sooner seeing as I've followed DIM on twitter whenever I have an account there.

More of a reader than a poster on forums as my something like 250 post in about 7 years on the CN forums would testify to.

Who knows perhaps I might start posting more here seeing as how I can get to enliven my scribblings with things like a retro panasonic jersey  #panasonic
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #649 on: August 03, 2013, 23:54 »

• ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    « Reply #650 on: August 04, 2013, 03:46 »
    Hello

Another CN forum refugee who has found his way here.

Should probably have got here sooner seeing as I've followed DIM on twitter whenever I have an account there.

More of a reader than a poster on forums as my something like 250 post in about 7 years on the CN forums would testify to.

Who knows perhaps I might start posting more here seeing as how I can get to enliven my scribblings with things like a retro panasonic jersey  #panasonic

I remember your name from cn...I always liked it  :niceday
  • ReplyReply

• Eric

• Shabba!
    • Neo Pro
    • Liked: 102
    « Reply #651 on: August 04, 2013, 07:01 »
    Hi Carlo :)

Sorry to go off-topic, but one of the things I like most about this place are the flags. I don't even know where St. Pierre and Micquelon is, but they have the coolest flag ever :D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Liked: 7922
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #652 on: August 04, 2013, 07:14 »
    I don't even know where St. Pierre and Micquelon is, but they have the coolest flag ever :D
    Two small islands off Newfoundland. Their main economy always was the exploitation of the Newfoundland Banks' marine resources - and still is.

Banners based on coats of arms are often very good-looking. :)
  • ReplyReply

• Octavio

« Reply #653 on: August 22, 2013, 08:32 »
    Hey i am new in this forum i love two things much first is cycling and the other is gardening.I love cycling that's why i am here in this forum
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Velorooms
    « Reply #654 on: August 22, 2013, 14:13 »
    Hi Carlo :)

Sorry to go off-topic, but one of the things I like most about this place are the flags. I don't even know where St. Pierre and Micquelon is, but they have the coolest flag ever :D

its  a self governing french territory just off teh canadian coast. apparently the only bit of new france that france still own.

It also sounds rather like an upcoming UFC Pay Per View
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Liked: 2624
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    « Reply #655 on: August 22, 2013, 15:14 »
    Welcome Octavio
    some garden pics
     http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=124.190
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

Gotland

• Domestique
    • Liked: 406
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #656 on: September 04, 2013, 21:58 »
    Hello Guys!

I have been posting and interacting in the forums for a couple of weeks and it is time to introduce myself. I joined Velorooms because I was very impressed by the detail and the high level of discussions in the forums.  But I also liked that Velorooms is content and topic driven and that really caught my interest.

I'm born and living in Sweden. I became hooked on cycling around 2003 after one my best friends just couldn't stop talking about mountains, sprints, domestiques and what not. I tend to follow riders instead of teams, although I have a soft spot for Euskatel, and a particular rider that I like little bit more than others in the peloton. My favourite races are the classics, Giro and the Tour.

My other interests around cycling are the culture around cycling, and cycling in society, especially the conflict between bicycles and cars in public space. This is were I most likely will branch out and contribute to the forum.

I am a sociologist and I'm always into what makes sub cultures tick.  This is probably how I discovered the dark side of the sport and to know why and how cyclists are doping is very interesting to me.

Cheers!
  • ReplyReply
  • "Emma is Queen of consistency" Peloton Watch

esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 323
    « Reply #657 on: September 04, 2013, 22:26 »
    Welcome to the fold Gotland!  :)
  • ReplyReply
  • "Sturgess, don't you dare get off that bike" - Sean Kelly, Nokere, 1989.

mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    « Reply #658 on: September 04, 2013, 22:58 »
    welcome here Octavio and Gotland  :Flower:
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Liked: 2624
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    « Reply #659 on: September 05, 2013, 00:26 »
    I was very impressed by the detail and the high level of discussions in the forums.

Obviously  you haven't read this thread BINGO.

Welcome
    I still have some bingo cards for purchase 2012 and 2013.
     If you need to borrow vr$ I can give you a good rate.
    you will find I am beyond reproach

I look forward to your contributions

• ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by polenta
    [November 24, 2021, 10:55]