• Road Captain
  • Liked: 108
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #450 on: July 10, 2012, 16:41 »
Nowt wrong with Tequila Krabs!  Welcome to all the newcomers  :wave
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

Fetisoff

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 12
    « Reply #451 on: July 10, 2012, 17:14 »
    Hi, everyone  :wave.
    I'm a newbie here, so please be nice to me.

• ReplyReply
  • Denis Menchov - The Legend

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #452 on: July 11, 2012, 00:08 »
    Hi, everyone  :wave.
    I'm a newbie here, so please be nice to me.

Assuming this is the same Fetisoff as CN then you are more than welcome. hoping to see you active in the race discussion threads. you will not find the Tour De Martinique being discussed elsewhere....
  • ReplyReply

• Fetisoff

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 12
    « Reply #453 on: July 11, 2012, 01:41 »
    Assuming this is the same Fetisoff as CN then you are more than welcome. hoping to see you active in the race discussion threads. you will not find the Tour De Martinique being discussed elsewhere....

Yep, that's me.
    So far been more active in the Shoutbox more than anything, love the feature. Still finding my way around the forum, so it will take me a couple of days to get to my 100% productivity in the racing threads :)
    But when that happens, people beware!!!  8)
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4159
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #454 on: July 11, 2012, 02:06 »
    Good to see you here Fetisof

:welcome
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11460
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #455 on: July 12, 2012, 11:05 »
    Good to see you here Fetisof

:welcome

meh  ;D

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

black_lynx

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 22
    « Reply #456 on: July 12, 2012, 20:53 »
    Hello, I'm new around here and not very familiar with cycling. It's the second year that I work with the Cycling Tour of Sibiu (in Romania, Transylvania) and I am surprised how much I like cycling and the road races.
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 372
    « Reply #457 on: July 12, 2012, 20:59 »
    Hello, I'm new around here and not very familiar with cycling. It's the second year that I work with the Cycling Tour of Sibiu (in Romania, Transylvania) and I am surprised how much I like cycling and the road races.

Wait, you really work with the Tour of Sibiu? That is awesome, I need to say the race was pretty awesome, although the set up was not as perfect for televised showing, as you already acknowledged in that thread. Do you work with the people who organized this race on other races as well? Anyway, great to have you on here and really would like your insight in the racing over there
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 2049
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #458 on: July 12, 2012, 21:22 »
    And Dim, DinZ and Ram never realised the potential right under their noses  ;D

Welcome and congratulations on the fantastic race you managed to organise or however you managed to contribute I am sure you have seen the adulation for your race on the forum.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

black_lynx

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #459 on: July 12, 2012, 21:25 »
    Wait, you really work with the Tour of Sibiu? That is awesome, I need to say the race was pretty awesome, although the set up was not as perfect for televised showing, as you already acknowledged in that thread. Do you work with the people who organized this race on other races as well? Anyway, great to have you on here and really would like your insight in the racing over there

Yes, I am a journalist, I worked in organising the press and media for the Tour. We're only in the second year and not one of the rich tours but we managed to keep the pedals going. It's kind of an experiment for us here, where there is not such a popular tradition in cycling and not so many of our sports televisions are equipped for covering fully the races.
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    « Reply #460 on: July 12, 2012, 21:31 »
    Yes, I am a journalist, I worked in organising the press and media for the Tour. We're only in the second year and not one of the rich tours but we managed to keep the pedals going. It's kind of an experiment for us here, where there is not such a popular tradition in cycling and not so many of our sports televisions are equipped for covering fully the races.

Actually the coverage was great, really great picutre and quite innovative the way you guys dealt with the, often times boring, Team Time Trial, just as was mentioned in the thread, the amateur race made it difficult to follow for those people who do not speak Roemanian. But for a race only in it's second year it was really well organized and the idea of an amateur race to draw more spectators is quite a good find to increase the amount of people watching the race in person. Are you planning other races  as well this year?
  • ReplyReply

• black_lynx

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #461 on: July 12, 2012, 21:38 »
    And Dim, DinZ and Ram never realised the potential right under their noses  ;D

Welcome and congratulations on the fantastic race you managed to organise or however you managed to contribute I am sure you have seen the adulation for your race on the forum.

Thanks, the race was good and I enjoyed it too. I've seen you guys liked it and I was glad but I've seen also some shortcomings from the inside. There's still a lot of work ahead but the most important thing is that we managed to make our Tour known, to attract the public, to draw in a TV station to cover the tour. We want not just to make a sports competition somewhere people may or may not see it but to make the public aware of how beautiful this sport is. That's no easy task.
  • ReplyReply

• black_lynx

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #462 on: July 12, 2012, 21:45 »
    Are you planning other races  as well this year?

No, we organise only this race. There are other road races: The Cycling Tour of Romania (also 2.2) ended a month ago, then in August there is the Cycling Tour of Szeklerland. There are also many amateur/semi-professional mountainbike competitions, it seems they are very popular.
  • ReplyReply

• black_lynx

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #463 on: July 12, 2012, 21:54 »
    Thank you all for your welcome.  :)
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6786
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #464 on: July 12, 2012, 21:57 »
    Thank you all for your welcome.  :)

Respect to you and thanks for joining. Beautiful region, beautiful race.  8)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #465 on: July 12, 2012, 21:58 »

I shall give my comments on the race in greater detail on the thread, but welcome to the forum.
  • ReplyReply

• Roland

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 4
    « Reply #466 on: July 12, 2012, 22:06 »
    Evening Chaps and Chapesses.   :wave

You may remember me from such forums as Cycling News where I had the pseudonym "Roland Rat".

Nice place you've got here Dim, well done.  Loved your "Armstrong Business Network" chart too.

Haven't been around much recently as I tend to be too busy these days applying myself and working hard trying to achieve something to be a bone idle f*****g w****r sniping anonymously from the internet, but I'll try and pop in here when I can.

;)
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • World Champion
    • Liked: 4616
    • Awards: 2019 Giro prediction champNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #467 on: July 12, 2012, 22:10 »
    :welcome Roland :wave
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

barrus

• National Champion
    « Reply #468 on: July 12, 2012, 22:11 »

You may remember me from such forums as Cycling News where I had the pseudonym "Roland Rat".

Nice place you've got here Dim, well done.  Loved your "Armstrong Business Network" chart too.

Haven't been around much recently as I tend to be too busy these days applying myself and working hard trying to achieve something to be a bone idle f*****g w****r sniping anonymously from the internet, but I'll try and pop in here when I can.

;)

Hi Roland, I actually thaught you were a completely new guy who fashioned his name after Pierre Roland.  But great to have you on here, enjoy it and feel free to join in the chats, a lot of the absent people from CN are often times in there. ANyway have fun here, and be sure to be more active in the real race stuff, unlike my perception was of you over there (only sticking to the darker area of our sport)
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #469 on: July 12, 2012, 22:13 »

Hiya mate.. good to have you on board, even if you dont post, reading is good too :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6786
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #470 on: July 12, 2012, 22:13 »

;)

We. Are. Not. Worthy. King Rat himself. :hug
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1284
    « Reply #471 on: July 12, 2012, 22:14 »
    Hi Roland, nice to see you again.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 2049
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #472 on: July 12, 2012, 22:16 »
    Welcome Roland hope to see you in the chat boxs, easier than posting.
  • ReplyReply

• Roland

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 4
    « Reply #473 on: July 12, 2012, 22:20 »
    Hi Barrus.  Yes, other than drinking in Armstrong's tears when he finally goes down I'm going to try and stay away from that side of things a bit more over here and just enjoy the on-road battles. 

Wow, thanks for the welcomes Dim, l'arriviste et al.

Enjoyed your editorial today Mike; and great timing given the twitter wars that broke out this evening!  I think Fran's bans will be extending to the wags soon!
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    « Reply #474 on: July 12, 2012, 23:08 »
    Hi Barrus.  Yes, other than drinking in Armstrong's tears when he finally goes down I'm going to try and stay away from that side of things a bit more over here and just enjoy the on-road battles. 

That's great to hear, mainly because those are the more enjoyable parts of cycling  :) And if I am not mistaken you are quite knowledgeable about that part as well
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 842
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #475 on: July 13, 2012, 00:55 »
    Ah rolland rat.

Who is Mike though and what twitter wars ?
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

ram

« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2012, 01:01 »

;)
    Hey Roland, you can avoid the asterisks here ;D
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2012, 01:05 »
    Dude, you'd put us well to shame considering the info you have. Brilliant to have someone who knows the race over.
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #478 on: July 13, 2012, 06:42 »
    No, we organise only this race. There are other road races: The Cycling Tour of Romania (also 2.2) ended a month ago, then in August there is the Cycling Tour of Szeklerland. There are also many amateur/semi-professional mountainbike competitions, it seems they are very popular.

you need to spread your love of cycling to new boundaries. looking for info / photos on races in France / Poland and Brazil end of this month. come on, you look like you need a holiday
  • ReplyReply

• DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #479 on: July 13, 2012, 06:45 »

has been covered in the race thread but to repeat here, as someone who has spent a great deal of time looking at these races your website was great, easy to use, info up nice and early, photos etc.

personally the amount of coverage we end up giving a race depends on how much info we can get the week before the race, things like start lists, interesting info, history etc. Had your race lined up for a preview about a month before as could see all the info was already there
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks bonjour Jai télécharger l appli by roy
    [Today at 19:21]

Re: Roadbooks by Samuel
    [Today at 15:01]

Re: Roadbooks by Kevin34
    [June 13, 2021, 00:38]

Re: Roadbooks by Sandrine06
    [June 06, 2021, 21:43]

roadbook by le gac