collapse

lancasterke

• Domestique
  • Liked: 465
  • Awards: Thread of the year 2015
Helmets
« on: July 17, 2013, 09:37 »
I need a new helmet (road, non aero ugliness) and was wondering if anyone had recomendations.

current is a Briko which was quite cheap but fitted nicely, want something a bit lighter and more air flow though.

always liked the catlike helmets. anyone got one?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6786
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Re: Helmets
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 14:57 »
    Not much experience with other helmets but mine is a joy, even in hotter climes. Super light and doesn't look enormous on the head.

Really like the chin clasp. Never bothered to examine how it actually works but it's so easy to clip on and off.

I have last year's Lotto edition, which has less stickers on it and a nicer matt finish than that shown in the pic below.

EDIT: found one of me wearing mine here...

I noticed out on the roads in Flanders that the Farnese Vini fluo edition is popular, despite all the other sorts of dayglo at that team in recent times.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 15:08 by L'arriviste »
    Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

August

• Domestique
    • Liked: 215
    • Awards: 2013 Bingo Champion
    « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 02:46 »
    +1 to the Lazer Helium, I love mine. Great retention system, great looking, and you can get all sorts of added perks with it. From an aeroshell, to an integrated light, to Lazer's Magneto sunglasses (which I highly recommend), it's a great helmet that can come with a number of cool extras.
  • ReplyReply

• Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 163
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 08:09 »
    I've been using Giros for roughly 15 years.  Price can be an issue but quality generally good.

To be honest though best option is to try on a bunch and buy whatever suits your headshape the most.  Thats where comfort is made or broken
  • ReplyReply
  • About Masters Club racing:
    ".. if I can't double the petrol money, I'm headin over the mountains instead" - Michael Fox, Team SAS

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6786
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 10:17 »
    I've been using Giros for roughly 15 years.  Price can be an issue but quality generally good.

To be honest though best option is to try on a bunch and buy whatever suits your headshape the most.  Thats where comfort is made or broken

Yeah, this is how I concluded that Bell helmets were made for extra-terrestrials like Dim's avatar.

I love helmets that enable micro-adjustment. If I were to crash heavily on my Lazer - knock on wood that I don't - I would make that my first choice and Lazer's little dial thingy is excellent for that.
  • ReplyReply

•