collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11460
  • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
[1.1] Dutch Food Valley Classic 23 August 2013
« on: August 21, 2013, 08:14 »
The professional cycling race Veenendaal-Veenendaal first took place in 1985 and is called a "city by city contest". In consultation with the Royal Dutch Cycling Union (KNWU) is initially chosen for a match in preparation for the world championships on the road for professionals. Direct already established the event name and fame through her ​​first winner Joop Zoetemelk, who subsequently became world champion.

Due to changes in the international cycling calendar is Veenendaal-Veenendaal from 1994 moved to April and is thus come to be known as a classic for years. Research has shown that this offers many commercial and sporting benefits. In sport technical sense because of the growing importance of the preseason for professional cyclists. Veenendaal-Veenendaal was therefore held between known spring classics such as the Tour of Flanders, Paris-Roubaix, Liege-Bastogne-Liege and the Amstel Goldrace.

In November 2004, the foundation reached the happy news that Veenendaal-Veenendaal would be upgraded. 1.HC to the category Meanwhile therefore makes Prof. Cycling classic Veenendaal-Veenendaal from the 2005 season in the category 1.HC part of a row of illustrious names such as the Tower the People, E3 Prijs Harelbeke, Rundum Henninger Turm and Paris-Brussels. Each course with a rich past. All in all, a remarkable achievement in light of the relatively short existence of Veenendaal-Veenendaal.

As of 2007, Veenendaal-Veenendaal changed to Dutch Food Valley Classic. The start and finish are the same, namely in Veenendaal. Further, the round now by many municipalities in the province of Utrecht and Gelderland. Besides the regular climbs as the Amerongse Mountain, Grebbeberg and Horse Field in Rhenen and Posbank near Arnhem, is the trail include also Doorn, Austerlitz, Woudenberg, Scherpenzeel, Barneveld, Lunteren, Ede, Renkum, Wageningen, Velp, Rheden and Oosterbeek.

Honours

That the cycling international reputation enjoys evident from the respectable honor roll of winners, such as Joop Zoetemelk, Jean-Paul van Poppel, Viatcheslav Ekimov, Olaf Ludwig, Andrei Tchmille, Jeroen Blijlevens, Tristan Hoffman, Steven de Jongh, Leon van Bon and Tom Boonen

website   start list

TV - will have 30 min highlights at 23.00 on friday night and again 14.30 on saturday

#belkin have a strong team of Goos , Bol and Kelderman , Boeckmans and Kenny Van Hummel for  #vacansoleil

the " brothers " of Terpstra and Gilbert will be riding and will a *nl nat team with Raymond Kreder and Langeveld heading up that team

should a bit of fun, we discussed not doing a thread for this but the info was all there and easy to do

Previous winners
2012   BOS Theo *nl   
2011   BOS Theo *nl   
2010   BOASSON HAGEN Edvald *no   
2009   VAN HUMMEL Kenny Robert *nl   
2008   FÖRSTER Robert *de   
2007   RADOCHLA Steffen *de   
2006   BOONEN Tom *be   
2005   VAN SCHALEN Paul *nl   
2004   CADAMURO Simone *it   
2003   VAN BON Leon *nl

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7904
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    the Tower the People? :slow :lol

I have an affinity to this race as I've ridden on some of the roads it takes place on, including the Amerongse Berg. Nasty little thing.
    The uphill finish is new, I think - how else could Bos have won the last two editions?
    In any case, the race is not as flat as the palmarès would make you think; those sprinters are simply that (relatively) good at surviving the small, but many hills and/or being paced back by their teammates.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11460
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6797
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    From the CN report:

The Dutch Food Valley Classic, formerly known as Veenendaal-Veenendal, took place on a completely redesigned course. The newly appointed race director Thijs Zonneveld also implemented some new technology to make the race more interesting to both spectators as tv viewers.

"We wanted to alter the race course to give different riders a chance, and to avoid the inevitable bunch kick," he said in a preview. "We also got special permission from the UCI to mount Zepcam camera's on the riders' bikes to provide an inside view into the peloton."

Sounds like Zonneveld - presumably the same Thijs as the cycling journo who writes for NRC - introduced a lot of innovations here. Will the race be back next year?
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni