• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6786
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Post your rides
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2014, 11:49 »
Eh, can we have more pics of bikes in this thread, please?  :lol

This is "post your rides" as in "post your bikes".

The one where you discuss courses and stuff is in Tone's bafflingly titled Faces, places, races, messess of your rides.

Excuse to post my Look again, just to, uh, reset the precedent ...

• ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 904
    « Reply #181 on: August 21, 2014, 19:34 »
    My new bike 5.2 Madone, 11spd Ultegra, love the bike, race as hell, fast, ugly colour but its free :D

After service testing titanium Enigma, wow I want that ride!
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #182 on: August 21, 2014, 19:42 »
    Was riding Look but dont know model :D, anyway idiot who invented osymetric rings is just idiot, lovely ride anyway

• ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #183 on: October 06, 2014, 19:47 »
    2015 Emonda, Tune wheels and Sram red, under 5kg :D

• ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 323
    « Reply #184 on: December 12, 2014, 19:12 »
    Figures that this gives away the UK based team I'm riding for in 2015... but here ya go! Race bikes, training bike, TT bike... just need a track bike and I'm sorted!  ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • "Sturgess, don't you dare get off that bike" - Sean Kelly, Nokere, 1989.

42x16ss

• Domestique
    • Liked: 377
    • Awards: Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014
    « Reply #185 on: January 05, 2015, 01:16 »
    I don't mind the look of that black Kuraro, nice.
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #186 on: January 05, 2015, 19:19 »
    I don't mind the look of that black Kuraro, nice.

Yeah, they come up well. I've had mine a week now and it's a decent bike. Had a few issues with the seatpost not binding the saddle rails properly, but have sorted that by devious means! (Hacksaw-blade and Loctite!)
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #187 on: January 06, 2015, 00:08 »
    Yeah, they come up well. I've had mine a week now and it's a decent bike. Had a few issues with the seatpost not binding the saddle rails properly, but have sorted that by devious means! (Hacksaw-blade and Loctite!)

As a sponsored rider, aren't you supposed to say only nice things about your machines?  :lol :-x
  • ReplyReply

• esafosfina

• 2nd Year Pro
    « Reply #188 on: January 06, 2015, 19:20 »
    As a sponsored rider, aren't you supposed to say only nice things about your machines?  :lol :-x
    Bugger! I'm nothing if not honest L'Arri!  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7817
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #189 on: January 06, 2015, 19:47 »
    Bugger! I'm nothing if not honest L'Arri!  ;)
    That's exactly right!
    If you're not honest, you're nothing! :P
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 666
    « Reply #190 on: January 06, 2015, 22:09 »
    Nextie Bike

pictured with sram apex group and no brand 38 mm wheels

this year with 105 group and the same crankset in picture (and a 38 cm handlebar)

• ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    « Reply #191 on: April 27, 2015, 03:26 »
    Mrs 42x16ss recently got a new Cannondale Slice that I pretty much had to rebuild on the spot. One issue was that the seatpost was inserted without paste and then really over tightened, it had bound a bit which wasn't fun.

I'm glad I didn't let her ride before I checked! :o
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    « Reply #192 on: April 29, 2015, 00:19 »
    Well, after MUCH procrastination, debate, decision, backtracking, procrastination, calls to the vendor, procrastination, decision, backtracking, arguing over quotes, discussion and finally decision, the colours, graphics and build spec has been decided!

Legend 4.7 custom geometry
    Gun Metal Grey with light pink decals
    Deda Carbon Bars (shallow drop), Stem and Seatpost
    Campag Chorus with 50/34 172.5mm cranks and 12-28 cassette
    Look Keo 2 pedals

The best bit - we're off to Menaggio in 2 weeks and we've got an invite to this year's Legend launch  :cool

So we get to visit the factory and go for a ride with Mr Bertoletti himself. I'm not sure who's more excited  :D
    It's been a while since I dropped by, so I thought I should show you all some photos of the finished article! Mrs 42x16ss is now the proud owner of a custom geometry Legend 4.7, with Chorus, Campy Neutrons and Deda corbon finishing kit. This is a seriously nice bike to ride!

Also, since my better half dabbles in triathlon as well, we got her a cheap TT bike to put in the racks instead of her Legend. Some fast talking at the LBS got her a new old stock 2013 women's Cannondale Slice for an absolute steal. It's only got 10 speed 105 but it runs nicely and when we put on the Dura Ace C24's we have for racing it flies. It needed recabling though and the Headset, Bottom Bracket and Seatpost where totally dry when we got it so I had to do a fair bit of work before it was rideable  :angry

Now for the best news, I've ordered myself a new bike too  :cool The last picture is of a Johnson Esquire SL, mine will be in these colours, with Record and the Featherlight wheels in the photo. Can't wait to get my hands on it, Brad McGee, Pat Jonkers and David Kemp are a couple of guys with one and they love them!
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #193 on: April 29, 2015, 08:26 »
    It's been a while since I dropped by, so I thought I should show you all some photos of the finished article! Mrs 42x16ss is now the proud owner of a custom geometry Legend 4.7, with Chorus, Campy Neutrons and Deda corbon finishing kit. This is a seriously nice bike to ride!

Also, since my better half dabbles in triathlon as well, we got her a cheap TT bike to put in the racks instead of her Legend. Some fast talking at the LBS got her a new old stock 2013 women's Cannondale Slice for an absolute steal. It's only got 10 speed 105 but it runs nicely and when we put on the Dura Ace C24's we have for racing it flies. It needed recabling though and the Headset, Bottom Bracket and Seatpost where totally dry when we got it so I had to do a fair bit of work before it was rideable  :angry

Now for the best news, I've ordered myself a new bike too  :cool The last picture is of a Johnson Esquire SL, mine will be in these colours, with Record and the Featherlight wheels in the photo. Can't wait to get my hands on it, Brad McGee, Pat Jonkers and David Kemp are a couple of guys with one and they love them!

Bonkers geometry on the wife's Legend there or is it just the angle of that second photo?

Really lovely job and that Esquire looks marvellous too. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    « Reply #194 on: April 30, 2015, 00:22 »
    Bonkers geometry on the wife's Legend there or is it just the angle of that second photo?

Really lovely job and that Esquire looks marvellous too. ;)
    You're right, the geometry on the Legend is very relaxed but the photo makes it look more extreme. My other half is only 1 cm shorter yet her inseam is 5-6 cm higher and I have long legs for a guy. The result is poor back flexibility but she's working on this with the physio who did the fitting.

The Esquire looks better in the flesh, they are also doing a TT bike and a handful of town bikes. Check out Johnsonbikes.com if you're curious
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    « Reply #195 on: June 18, 2015, 01:18 »
    My new frame has arrived!!!

Stand by for build photos, should be done by Saturday  :s :cool

Post Merge: June 21, 2015, 06:49
    All done! Very, very impressed with the  build and the quality of the finishing and the paintwork, it was top notch.

I took it out for its first decent ride this morning and it has impressed me! I thought that the straight blade fork and T1000 carbon would make for a harsh ride but it hummed along very nicely. This bike is a great all round race bike, directly comparable to a Cervèlo R5, Cannondale EVO or Giant TCR. Coming off my Cannondale Super Six it feels almost identical, except for a bit less road noise and more efficient.

The new Chorus is excellent! Fast and accurate, although it needs a little bit more effort to shift until it wears in. The cranks seem very stiff and efficient, and even though L'arri might disagree I think they look all right.

All in all I'm very, very happy with it  :D If anyone is interested go to www.Johnsonbikes.com and check them out.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 21:00 by 42x16ss, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Michielveedeebee

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 51
    « Reply #196 on: January 05, 2016, 09:55 »
    The bikes for this season! Numero Uno is the team bike (I just use it for training)
    Number two is my own interpretation of the bike :D Finished with SRAM Red instead of Ultegra and FSAstuff
    And last but not least, my TTbike. I'm still figuring out the position so it's not as aggressive as I'd like it to be yet
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Craig1985

Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 813
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #197 on: January 06, 2016, 14:10 »
    Love all of those :)

My Rose is the bike I use for TTing at the moment and I reckon I can get the front end slightly lower still, but it is taking lots of yoga and time to get there.

My Cannondale fits perfectly (as it was all done by a professional fitter) and is the second picture.
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 269
    • Awards: best new member of 2016
    « Reply #198 on: February 16, 2016, 19:47 »

Ok so here are a few of my bikes. Top of the shop is the "Yellow Peril" a knickname I acquired about 20 years ago when I used to ride a yellow Giant MTB. the nickname has stuck and it has been my "handle" for forums and twitter since. The bike is my early 2000's Dolan which was resprayed last year and now sports some deep section rims and clip ons for TT'ing.

Below is my bianchi which was my dream bike although Campag remains a mystery.

Third is the "shopping trolley" which is a 66cm Canyon Ultimate AL, they are lovely bikes.

bottom is my pride and joy. It's Johan Van Summeren's 2009 Paris Roubaix Canyon Ultimate Pave frameset with ultegra on. It has his name on and a pave secteur sticker on the top tube and special "cobbles" graphics on the downtube and chain stays.It now has a set of Ambrosia Nemesis Reine Du Nord rims on Hope hubs.
  • ReplyReply
  • Giving my view on life, cycling and the desire to do a sub 26min 10mTT on the Isle of Man @JaunePeril

LukasCPH

• lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #199 on: February 16, 2016, 20:54 »

That is a beauty - and with Campagnolo, as it should be. :cool

Huh? :S
    How can Campagnolo be a mystery? It's simply THE WAY THINGS SHOULD BE. :P
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 896
    • Awards: Rio Olympics Prediction Champ
    « Reply #200 on: February 17, 2016, 04:35 »

What model is that? Lovely. Looks similar to the one I had before it got nicked in London.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #201 on: February 17, 2016, 09:22 »

I rented this model a while back. Smooth ride but the chainset is ugly. :P
  • ReplyReply

• Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #202 on: February 17, 2016, 09:29 »
    What model is that? Lovely. Looks similar to the one I had before it got nicked in London.

It's an Intenso. TBH the choosing process was very simple, I had always wanted a Bianchi , it had to be a celeste one and big enough (I'm 6'5"). It was on offer at Wiggle for £1500 and so having had too much to drink one night I pressed the button.

I would have gone for an Impulso as I have a particular liking for alloy frames (which I think is quite unusual these days)The two Canyons I have are aluminium and are superb rides born out by the fact that both Hoste and Van Summeren came 3rd and 5th respectively in the 2009 P-R on them. anyway I couldn't find a 63cm Impulso so I bought the carbon fibre Intenso instead.

I have to say it is very pretty and the most attractive of my bikes. Large frames are always fugly but the moulding around the headstock on the Intenso makes it look less so. Other bits I like are the white and celeste highlights on the Reparto Corse finishing kit which has persuaded me not to change them.

The fulcrum wheels it came with seem quite heavy. I picked up a new set of Campag Zondas for £175 on line at Christmas and acquired a new Campag Record carbon fibre chainset for £90 in October (the current groupset is Veloce).
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• lukascph.media
    « Reply #203 on: February 17, 2016, 09:40 »

bottom is my pride and joy. It's Johan Van Summeren's 2009 Paris Roubaix Canyon Ultimate Pave frameset with ultegra on. It has his name on and a pave secteur sticker on the top tube and special "cobbles" graphics on the downtube and chain stays.It now has a set of Ambrosia Nemesis Reine Du Nord rims on Hope hubs.
    Hang on - is this the actual bike that he raced Paris-Roubaix on?! :o
  • ReplyReply

• Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #204 on: February 17, 2016, 09:47 »
    Hang on - is this the actual bike that he raced Paris-Roubaix on?! :o

It's the frameset. I had the bike built up. It has sponsor stickers on the seat stays (Continental, Ritchey) and on the left handside of the top tube is a Silence Lotto transfer. If you go on You tube there is a 6 min vid of thwe team on these bikes at P-R. I think they ran Campag where as I have gone for Shimano.

They really fancied there chances that year with Hoste and were well placed with 2 in the break but Hoste went down and nearly brought own Van Summeren and they lost ground to Boonen and Hushovd. Hushovd came off spectacularly as well.

It's not unusual to be able to pick this stuff up from Canyon. they sell off loads of team kit at the end of the year. I thought £400 for a frameset with P-R history was a bargain but then again there probably wasn't that much competition for a second hand 64cm alloy frameset!
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 666
    « Reply #205 on: February 17, 2016, 10:28 »

and he liked that and kept using the cobbles frame during the Ardennes races that year
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• lukascph.media
    « Reply #206 on: February 17, 2016, 10:28 »
    It's the frameset. I had the bike built up. It has sponsor stickers on the seat stays (Continental, Ritchey) and on the left handside of the top tube is a Silence Lotto transfer. If you go on You tube there is a 6 min vid of thwe team on these bikes at P-R. I think they ran Campag where as I have gone for Shimano.

They really fancied there chances that year with Hoste and were well placed with 2 in the break but Hoste went down and nearly brought own Van Summeren and they lost ground to Boonen and Hushovd. Hushovd came off spectacularly as well.

It's not unusual to be able to pick this stuff up from Canyon. they sell off loads of team kit at the end of the year. I thought £400 for a frameset with P-R history was a bargain but then again there probably wasn't that much competition for a second hand 64cm alloy frameset!
    A simple 'yes' would have sufficed ... :P

Cool!
    My claim to fame used to be that I tagged along with the #teambe Belgian national team when they were training on the Worlds course north of Copenhagen in 2011, and when Vansummeren took the wrong turn in a roundabout, I briefly took his slot in the line, on the wheel of van Avermaet ...
    ... for maybe 500 m, when Big Johan returned and gently, but firmly nudged back in. :)
  • ReplyReply

• Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #207 on: February 17, 2016, 11:49 »
    A simple 'yes' would have sufficed ... :P

Cool!
    My claim to fame used to be that I tagged along with the #teambe Belgian national team when they were training on the Worlds course north of Copenhagen in 2011, and when Vansummeren took the wrong turn in a roundabout, I briefly took his slot in the line, on the wheel of van Avermaet ...
    ... for maybe 500 m, when Big Johan returned and gently, but firmly nudged back in. :)

Now that is true gold from an anecdote point of view. I hope in years to come you'll embellish the story a little and it becomes how Van Summeren chewed the stem to get back on your wheel
  • ReplyReply

• Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #208 on: February 17, 2016, 11:58 »
    and he liked that and kept using the cobbles frame during the Ardennes races that year

Yes that's correct although they may have had different graphics on. IIRC when I purchased my frame Canyon were selling off some RVV frames (Docx's and Hansen's I think) they had red graphics on with transfers stating all of the names of the Belgian classics. I might be wrong on that though. anyway Gert Docx and I are at the other end of the height spectrum. :( :(
  • ReplyReply

• Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #209 on: February 17, 2016, 14:04 »
    Anyone interested in watching a short Canyon promo on Slience Lotto and the bikes for 2009 P-R here's a link

Also I thought I'd post this as my favourite photo of the race and a timely reminder that we are entering into the best part of the cycling calendar IMO...

• ReplyReply

•