L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6786
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Aye Laz tis a ripper 2 days .

Great time for us Euro´s as well , beer or glass of wine sit down after dinner and get some great racing , nice way to start the weekend ( unless you pick up your wife after a work function and drive to the holiday house , then you see the replay  :embarrassed  ) , Last night was great.

The green monster is also getting smart .

bring on :wc I say

Have to say I enjoy these pastoral write-ups that you've started doing, JSG. How things went down at Hus JSG. Very cute.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2516
    Yes I'm becoming more and more a fan of the green monster. Grand riding here, well done by him. Gesink is pretty damn strong too, really impressed with him over these two races. He'll be in with a chance for the remaining autumn races too, including perhaps even a shot at WC podium?

These two Canadian races are really a great addition to the sport. Very interesting races over a unique parcours, and indeed a great time to watch it for us Europeans. Perhaps America should look at this and do one or two big one-day races around the ToC somewhere to increase America interest in those kind of races and provide us with some more entertainment during the evenings after Giro stages?
  • ReplyReply

• KeithJamesMc

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1396
    I have to say I spent most of the race laughing at the Sky tactics.

Ok, they were unfortunate in losing JTL and Porte to the crash, but the strategy has been laid down before this occurred with Pate, Dombrowski and Rasch chasing down the break.

When will Sky learn? In 1-day races you put people in the break and go into the race with options.

Then to see Froome make his effort and once again Sagan out-climbing him was epic!!!

Wiggo is GB's only hope of a medal in the World Champs :-( (in the ITT)
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6786
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Then to see Froome make his effort and once again Sagan out-climbing him was epic!!!

Wiggo is GB's only hope of a medal in the World Champs :-( (in the ITT)

Couldn't agree more with all your points but I'd forgotten about this one until you mentioned it. There will be those who say he has two weeks to go and shouldn't be top top top just yet but that was indeed a nice moment.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4159
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    it was a nice race.

I really enjoy both the Canadian races ... I didnt watch the Tour of Alberta, but might make the effort next year (although its on at a really bad time for us).   

I dont like Sagan - but you have to admire his riding in this race.  He did it right.       :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Blackbandit222

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 225
    Perhaps America should look at this and do one or two big one-day races around the ToC somewhere to increase America interest in those kind of races and provide us with some more entertainment during the evenings after Giro stages?

Yes, ideally the US would have a similar weekend of racing.  As L'Arriviste mentions though these races have a convergence of a lot of great factors.  World Tour, awesome courses, before WC... I don't think the TOC field or the USPRO Challenge field can replicate it.

Looking forward to RICHMOND 2015 though

• ReplyReply
  • Sagan supporter.

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 14218
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    As L'Arriviste mentions though these races have a convergence of a lot of great factors.  World Tour, awesome courses, before WC...

...and money. A couple of years ago I read some statements that the riders especially love to go to Canada because it's where they get the best treatment all season, high class hotels and so on.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11460
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    ...and money. A couple of years ago I read some statements that the riders especially love to go to Canada because it's where they get the best treatment all season, high class hotels and so on.

Similar for TDU

Good hotel , 0 transfers and sun in Feb
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7830
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    US Open footage
    Awesome, I've wanted to get my hands on something from that race for ages! :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean