collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3711
Re: Retirement announcements
« Reply #480 on: November 20, 2017, 22:24 »
Lars Petter's career is summed up in retrospect by procycling.no.

I don't think this is a big deal for #aquablue. As "Lappe" never was in a position to really contribute on that team, due to illness, it is rather money saved on wages for them. Aquablue have quite a few riders with comparable talents, and he will not leave a big hole in their lineup (althoug maybe not the one who can podium in L-B-L on a good day).

The team that will get a hole in the lineup from this is *no. Lars Petter was the default choice for Norway captain in the upcoming World Championships in Innsbruck. The Rio olympics showed quite well that without an ace climber Norway might as well go for yodel training in the Alps come september, it won't make a big difference in the results. In the world championships in Firenze in 2013, Lappe was keeping up appearances until going down with Vincenzo Nibali on one of the last laps. And then he couldn't ..ahem... get back to the front like Nibali could. In Innsbruck, and in his best shape, he would have been a top 10 contender.

This leaves us with only the Odd Viking as a credible contestant for the world championships (unless CF HAgen should take a step up as well). If I wasn't already rooting for him - I will be yodeling his name come September  :lol

I will remember Lars Petter Nordhaug best for his attacking style. I mean not that he was a very attacking rider, but what he did when he did attack. I gave him the nickname "Captain Obvious" because only Fabio Aru can rival his body language - it looks like a  drawing of cycling from a Tintin album - like a caricature, something overdone:  "HERE I COME, OUTTA MY WAY Y'ALL!"
And that made him fun to watch, at least in some races!

Tusen Takk Lappe! :wave

• ReplyReply

•