collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3741
Re: Retirement announcements
« Reply #510 on: September 18, 2018, 19:27 »
 :TT :TT :TT

One of my favorite riders!

Best moment: 2016 World Championship Road Race in Doha, Quatar. He made it into the first group and kept it rolling all the way to the finish line. IF ONLY   :omg Edvald Boasson Hagen could have done his part, Sagan wouldn't have 3 rainbows in his closet by now. This was however, not the fault of the young conti team rider that no-one knew until he suddenly was right there in the final with Boonen, Sagan, Matthews, Cavendish - all the great riders,  read this list and understand:

The year before he was a late addition to the Norwegian U23 team in Richmond (coming back from some injury if I recall) and he got the team's best results there. He also won the Norwegian TTT championship with #unox / #cofidis Anders Skaarseth ("for the rest of the race we just put Truls in front with the 55's and tried to follow as good as we could")

He also has some good results in the national gravel classic Birkebeineren, as in I think he acually won it one year, but he at least got a 2nd place, when he was only 18. He is also famous for crashes in Gylne Gutuer, as it happens, when it is caught on film like this:

This sector was afterwards named Truls Korsæths corner, and that I guess is the way he will be remembered, ironically :(  His stellar breakaway ride for #astana in the slightly harder contested Strade Bianche 2017 (he lasted deep into the final) may quickly be forgotten.

Thanks, and good luck, Truls!

• ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by Mellow Velo
    [Today at 09:18]

Re: Roadbooks by Echoes
    [Today at 00:18]

Re: Roadbooks bonjour Jai télécharger l appli by roy
    [June 14, 2021, 19:21]

Re: Roadbooks by Samuel
    [June 14, 2021, 15:01]