collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 11460
  • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Ok as most of you know I love GT just for the pure fun of the translation - I am however very confused by this,  reading for 4th time it makes some sense  I think :?

If it is true that the morning starts in the morning, you can bet that the weekend of 12 and 13 October will be full of excitement and entertainment.

The two races organized by Gruppo Sportivo Emilia that will bring down the curtain on the Italian season were presented this morning in the beautiful setting of the prestigious Military Academy of Modena.

To do the honors of the house have been the Colonel Director of Department of the Military Academy of Modena, Luca Appolloni, and the Councillor for Sports of the city of Modena, Anthony Marino.

At the presentation, as well as representatives of the localities affected by the passage of the Tour of Emilia - Granarolo, was also attended by Miryam Finocchiaro of Granarolo Spa, Alessandro Gennari, Director General of the Inter-Bank, Giulia Caramaschi, External relations Hera, Corradino Marconi, Director General of Villani and Andrea Ibatici dell'Ibatici Group as well as representatives of law enforcement and Andrea Dondi, provincial delegate of CONI.

This year will be the central square of Modena Rome to host all the preliminary steps that will lead to the Tour via Emilia - Granarolo.

After the departure of the athletes, along the Via Emilia, reach Castelfranco then head to San Giovanni in Persiceto, location has always been linked to a very deep relationship with the classical end of the season. In the center of San Giovanni is expected to sprint the municipal administration and then always on the territory of St. John the tv Agricola Caretti.

Once on the Persicetana the race will head towards Borgo Panigale and Zola Predosa, passing in front of the establishment of Felsineo. Will be the last kilometers of relative peace, because shortly after, the tour of Emilia - Granarolo, will enter into its most important phases. The road begins to climb up to Rocca di Roffeno, theater of the passage of the race last year.

But this year, just after the passage in Rocca di Roffeno, runners will continue for another 2.5 miles to reach the unprecedented pass of Saint Lucia gpm where there is the first of the day. A very challenging climb with a gradient of 10%. the brow after the fast descent will lead to Vergato before touching Marzabotto and Sasso Marconi where the road starts to climb towards Badolo.

It will be the prelude to the grand finale.

The protagonists of the tour Emilia - Granarolo will enter the city of bologna from Tuscan way to continue to Piazza di Porta Santo Stefano and the transition from Zaragoza where the road leads you to the finish line impennerà of St. Luke with the arch of the transit Meloncello .

About two kilometers with maximum gradients of 18%. A climb will be addressed for a total of five times.

The show will be the result of a unique mix of athletic movement which will be called the runners and the great affection of the public on the roadside. An environment that is unique will make us live an unforgettable day that will let us know the name of the ninety-sixth winner of the Tour of Emilia - Granarolo.

At the same time the Tour of Emilia - Granarolo was also presented at the Gran Premio Bruno Beghelli which will be staged on Sunday, October 13 and will be valid as the final round of the Challenge Lowell Watches.

As always will be the main production unit of Beghelli to accommodate all the preparations with the signature sheet during which many fans will be able to see up close the protagonists of the day after the start unofficial step to reach the tourist center of Monteveglio for the official .

After the positive experience of 2012 this year while remaining unchanged the two circuits that have always characterized the track will change the back that runners will face.

In fact, two will be the opening laps of the circuit between the Gessiere Calstevetro and Ca di Sola that the pretenders to success will have to face in the early stages. A circuit that could propose some attack from a distance, a kind of tasty appetizer in view of a grand finale with the 10 laps of the circuit of Zappolino is 12.3 km.

Most likely you will once again climb the symbol of the Grand Prix Bruno Beghelli to create the selection and act as a stepping stone to what could be the decisive action of the race.

website

Giro dell'Emilia

presentation of route -

last years Giro dell'Emilia  -

Route

previous winner
2012   QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander *co   
2011   BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto *co   
2010   GESINK Robert *nl   
2009   GESINK Robert *nl   
2008   DI LUCA Danilo *it   
2007   SCHLECK Frank *lu   
2006   REBELLIN Davide *it   
2005   SIMONI Gilberto *it   
2004   BASSO Ivan *it   
2003   GUTIERREZ PALACIOS José Ivan *es
so who will win ? *co for the 3rd year in a row?  start list

Gran Premio Bruno Beghelli

presentation of route -

start list

# previous winners
2012   SØRENSEN Nicki *dk   
2011   POZZATO Filippo *it   
2010   CATALDO Dario *it   
2009   VENTOSO ALBERDI Francisco José *es   
2008   PETACCHI Alessandro *it   
2007   CUNEGO Damiano *it   
2006   MARINANGELI Sergio *it   
2005   FISCHER Murilo Antonio *br   
2004   HONDO Danilo *de   
2003   PAOLINI Luca *it
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:08 by just some guy »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7830
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Great to have established that the morning starts in the morning.
    Looking forward to the excitement and entertainment.
     :D
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3820
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
     I see that the Bruno Beghelli will be going up to HC, next year.

Rai's apparently dead tv programme guide being of no use, I've had a search around and it appears both races will have live coverage on Rai Sport 2.
    http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.cicloweb.it/programmazione-televisiva&prev=/search%3Fq%3D2013%2Bgiro%2Bdell%2527emilia%2Bdiretta%2Brai%2Bsport%2B2%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1120%26bih%3D657

Emilia Saturday: 14-55 to 17-00 cet.
    GP BB Sunday: 14-10 to 15-55 cet.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 18:56 by Mellow Velo »
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 14218
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    I think we can just use this thread for tomorrow's Coppa Sabatini as well?!

provisional start list, only 11 teams:

http://www.coppasabatini.it/elenco_iscritti.pdf

highlights from last year:

should be a good race, also interesting for the youth cq game as with just 104 participants there is a good chance for Bongiorno (who is not on that list up there but according to Bardiani will start) and Meintjes to score points or even fight for the win.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    I'm afraid the promised live coverage of the BB has been replaced by Paris-Tours.
    Highlights 20-45 to 21-50cet instead.

On the brighter side, they are saying that tomorrow's Coppa Sabatini gets a 75 minute slot at 18-45cet.
    I just hope it doesn't get swallowed up by Radiocorsa and we get 5 minutes instead.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11460
    • Awards: 2020 Tour de France CQ Game winner2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    61st Gran Premio Città di Peccioli - Coppa Sabatini

• ReplyReply

• TourOfSardinia

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 4
    • Prefers Mountain Stage
    final kms video
    Gran Premio Città di Peccioli - Coppa Sabatini (1.1)

• ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    Rai outdid themselves this evening. A full 70 minutes coverage.
    Ulissi becomes the racer of the falling cq points! :D
    A pity that he'll probably be back as Scarponi's lieutenant on Saturday.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    official start list for Emilia tomorrow

just 13 teams again, MTN and Astana only with 5 riders (and one of them is Guardini  :o ), not good, not good, no competition for Rebellin left ;)
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    I've had a search around and it appears both races will have live coverage on Rai Sport 2.

[...]

Emilia Saturday: 14-55 to 17-00 cet.

it's still listed in the schedule but today's press release from G.S. Emilia says Rai Sport 2 trasmetterà un'ampia sintesi della gara nel pomeriggio di domani a partire dalle ore 17,30 - so looks like there will be only "extended highlights" again

• ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    it's still listed in the schedule but today's press release from G.S. Emilia says Rai Sport 2 trasmetterà un'ampia sintesi della gara nel pomeriggio di domani a partire dalle ore 17,30 - so looks like there will be only "extended highlights" again

I fear this will be the last edition, unless the old calendar is restored.
    Chalk another one up to Pat's world vision legacy.

Edit: Checked Rai's and one other schedule this morning and Emilia is still shown as live at 14-55cet......
    Switch on and find out, I guess.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:53 by Mellow Velo »

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
    Yes, my epg now shows no live, but 90 minute highlights at 17-30 cet,
    repeated around 23-50 cet.
    Means I may not be able to watch or record.....
  • ReplyReply

• TourOfSardinia

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 4
    • Prefers Mountain Stage
    Giro dell'Emilia 2013 - final kms
  • ReplyReply

• Froome's Thoughts

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 113
    • Cycling blogger, Team Sky, Chris Froome
      • Froome's Thoughts
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

~ Albert Einstein, letter to his son Eduard, 1930