collapse

froome19

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 2049
  • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
Re: Football
« Reply #1410 on: September 02, 2013, 17:26 »
What in the world is David Moyes doing?

Alright we comfortably won the league last season with this squad, but if anything it has gotten weaker and our opponents have gotten stronger. There are some good players on the market and from all the sounds within the club United have the money. So why not buy someone?

We have lacked an attacking midfielder who can create for quite some time now..Fellaini we might get but tbh I expect more considering we are the top club in the country ;)

• ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 987
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #1411 on: September 05, 2013, 12:20 »
    Transfer fees are flipping pathetic, they'll be financing revolutions next; and QPR's exemption from FFP is beyond that. So hope that they sh*t their bits and finish one goal behind second and lose in the play off final in the last minute. Then they'll be fliped next year.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2516
    « Reply #1412 on: September 05, 2013, 13:27 »
    What in the world is David Moyes doing?

Alright we comfortably won the league last season with this squad, but if anything it has gotten weaker and our opponents have gotten stronger. There are some good players on the market and from all the sounds within the club United have the money. So why not buy someone?

We have lacked an attacking midfielder who can create for quite some time now..Fellaini we might get but tbh I expect more considering we are the top club in the country ;)

You lack an attacking midfielder? I'd say Kagawa is all you need, and if he suffers a few more hopeless losses even Moyes will have to realise he needs to play him. Also a left-back should hardly be your priority, Evra is doing fine for now. What you need is a central box to box midfielder to partner Carrick and support both in attack and defence. Fellaini could play a role there, but would not have been my choice, while Cleverley is only good enough as a reserve option. And you desperately need to replace Young, who isn't even good enough for a mid-table PL team yet gets regular gametime at the champions. Nani and Valencia are too inconsistent, while Zaha needs to develop further.

I'm looking forward to seeing Arsenal with Özil. That guy is one of the the best number 10's in the world, and if he fits in well the Gunners' midfield could be the strongest of the league. At the same time, Liverpool has shown they have an excellent defence and with Suarez returning they'll only improve further. Tottenham will need time to get the team to work with all the new additions, but when they do they're as dangerous as anyone. I really hope one of those three can challenge for the league, I'd definitely support them over the predicted top 3.
  • ReplyReply

• Caruut

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 521
      • Sporcle quizzes on cycling.
    • Awards: Post of 2014
    « Reply #1413 on: September 05, 2013, 14:12 »
    Read this on some website (most likely BBC or Guardian).

United look like they're in need of an attacking midfielder to cover them every time David Moyes mistakes Shinji Kagawa for a faddish Eastern martial art that Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand practice to keep themselves limber as they enter their 60s.

Make me chuckle.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 904
    « Reply #1414 on: September 05, 2013, 22:19 »
    5000 cops for tomorow match :D
    Go kill them again :evil:
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #1415 on: September 06, 2013, 22:12 »
    1:1, pure carnage, 2 red cards :D will post video when uploaded :evil:
    Incredible atmosphere when Croatian national anthem :D
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• World Champion
    • Liked: 9197
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #1416 on: September 06, 2013, 22:19 »
    Ha! Three red cards at Windsor Park.  :evil:

Close to another big upset, but got Ronaldo-ed.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #1417 on: September 06, 2013, 22:38 »
    :evil:
    This is for prison :evil:
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Best Opening Post 2012Member you would most like to meet in real life 2012
    « Reply #1418 on: September 28, 2013, 05:45 »
    Where you going Boxing Day this year Mr Wenger, go on have guess
    Thats right, now try getting out of that you french twa........
    Arch, what's the situation with Vaz Te round your parts? Last I heard he was supposedly burying the hatchet, but also remember that whingy strop a few days before. Leeds could do with a striker, or a winger, and he'd be a fit. A plastic supporter needs it.

Otherwise, Guidetti would be brilliant too. If City were to loan him out.... Think it'll be a Matty Fryatt or so though, just to add to the almost good strikers Leeds already have. Not that good strikers would be available on the loan market, although Brum seem to have found a good un in Lingard.

Colin was a proper good talent spotter, benched Barkley after a couple of games and sent him back off to GOodison after a month. What a man!

Also, top start for the Os.

Nearer home, Indian football is looking like it'll die again. A handful of teams barely finding the funds to run for the season, division 2 in disarray too, I say deaded by 2018.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1057
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013

Gotland

• Domestique
    • Liked: 406
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1420 on: October 01, 2013, 10:32 »
    Inagural game of our new stadium "Nya Söderstadion"

http://youtu.be/d4m95SDrMaU?t=1m30s

Alexander Skarsgård as Capo

http://youtu.be/VHbtq2C2PEQ?t=10s
  • ReplyReply
  • "Emma is Queen of consistency" Peloton Watch

sublimit

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #1421 on: October 03, 2013, 15:41 »
    Joe Hart is footballs answer to England cricketer Ashly Giles,  he happens to be totaly sh*te but keeps getting picked for City and England by his peers/mates.       

How many mistakes can one make.   :cheesy
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 842
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1422 on: October 03, 2013, 16:10 »
    Joe Hart is footballs answer to England cricketer Ashly Giles,  he happens to be totaly sh*te but keeps getting picked for City and England by his peers/mates.       

How many mistakes can one make.   :cheesy

That sounds like every goalkeeper England has had in the last 20 years ;)

But seriously, Joe Hart, I thought he was the real deal. Maybe because I don't watch football so much anymore but he seemed to me to be one of the best in the world.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2516
    « Reply #1423 on: October 03, 2013, 16:14 »
    To be fair though, who else have England got to choose? Every decent English club has a foreign keeper in the goal. De Gea, Mignolet, that guy with the weird Polish name Arsenal have, Lloris (the best of the lot), Czech, even Everton have either an ancient American or some Spanish dude.. And I don't think Foster is going to be a big improvement over Hart..

City should have replaced him halfway last season though, at least they can hire foreigners.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1424 on: October 03, 2013, 16:48 »
    That sounds like every goalkeeper England has had in the last 20 years ;)

But seriously, Joe Hart, I thought he was the real deal. Maybe because I don't watch football so much anymore but he seemed to me to be one of the best in the world.

He was good  when he first broke into the Man City team and when on loan to Birmingham city but he seems to have regressed since then.   he's vulnerable to shots from distance which is unforgivable.     

• ReplyReply

• sublimit

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1425 on: October 03, 2013, 16:53 »
    To be fair though, who else have England got to choose? Every decent English club has a foreign keeper in the goal. De Gea, Mignolet, that guy with the weird Polish name Arsenal have, Lloris (the best of the lot), Czech, even Everton have either an ancient American or some Spanish dude.. And I don't think Foster is going to be a big improvement over Hart..

City should have replaced him halfway last season though, at least they can hire foreigners.

Forster is pretty good,  but yes not a huge talent pool there.

• ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1426 on: October 03, 2013, 17:28 »
    He was good  when he first broke into the Man City team and when on loan to Birmingham city but he seems to have regressed since then.   he's vulnerable to shots from distance which is unforgivable.   

He's been the posterboy for Man City and England and one of the posterboys for the Premier League for the last couple of years, so I thought he must be quite good.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 485
    « Reply #1427 on: October 04, 2013, 17:42 »

Complacency i think, he has become lazy imo.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 485
    « Reply #1428 on: October 04, 2013, 17:51 »
    :evil:
    This is for prison :evil:

This game was mental..you can watch it on youtube

Post Merge: October 05, 2013, 03:35
    Inagural game of our new stadium "Nya Söderstadion"

http://youtu.be/d4m95SDrMaU?t=1m30s

Alexander Skarsgård as Capo

http://youtu.be/VHbtq2C2PEQ?t=10s

Always noisy hammarby fans. which is a plus.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:35 by Vipsanius_Zam_Agrippa, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 542
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #1429 on: October 18, 2013, 11:56 »
    Arch, what's the situation with Vaz Te round your parts? Last I heard he was supposedly burying the hatchet, but also remember that whingy strop a few days before. Leeds could do with a striker, or a winger, and he'd be a fit. A plastic supporter needs it.

Ram, forget Vas this is the age of the mighty Ravel. Have a look a his goal (7mins in) utter brilliance. To think I have to suffer watching this kid for a few years :D :D :D
    COYI..
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #1430 on: October 18, 2013, 20:46 »
    Bosnian fans ended in Latvia instead of Lithuania :D
    Are they only screwing this every time? Noooooooooooooo :D

Here big time lynch, new manager are about to wake up rich bastards for new games!
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #1431 on: October 19, 2013, 02:58 »

Ram, forget Vas this is the age of the mighty Ravel. Have a look a his goal (7mins in) utter brilliance. To think I have to suffer watching this kid for a few years :D :D :D
    COYI..
    Aye, top stuff, he's been a Ravelation (assuming that should enough to land a gig at the Sun). Good to see his head's in a proper spot nowadays (hopefully). Also, kudos to Big/Fat Sam; may not be everyone's cup of tea, but clearly does well everywhere he goes.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 542
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #1432 on: October 19, 2013, 08:37 »
    Big thanks go to Lee Clark who had Ravel on loan at Birmingham last season, he worked wonders with the kid getting him sorted.
    COYI
  • ReplyReply

• Ram

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #1433 on: October 19, 2013, 09:25 »
    Congratulations are due to him for making Brum useful for something apart from the King of Spain Gilo.....
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1434 on: October 25, 2013, 19:02 »
    I doubt thats true. Surely there are faster footballers who just aren't as good.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1435 on: October 26, 2013, 18:06 »
    Well I guess there is a good chance there is some random who is playing in the lower leagues somewhere who is faster, I suppose they had to draw the line at a certain level of quality, in this case Lennon, I was slightly surprised Rooney is faster than Robben and wouldn't have picked Valencia as fastest, assuming it's all accurate.

I'm very surprised that there are 5 people faster than Walcott. His whole game was about kicking the ball forward and outsprinting them.

It's also strange that all the best players are the fastest ones
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1436 on: October 27, 2013, 17:59 »
    Ok I aknowledge it now, jo hart is a sh*t goalkeeper.
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1437 on: October 30, 2013, 10:22 »
    Man City transfer policy is a bit odd to be fair, they let Tevez go and continue with a dodgy keeper despite being the richest club in world football.
  • ReplyReply

• lancasterke

• Domestique
    • Liked: 465
    • Awards: Thread of the year 2015
    « Reply #1438 on: November 04, 2013, 21:01 »
    Man City transfer policy is a bit odd to be fair, they let Tevez go and continue with a dodgy keeper despite being the richest club in world football.

demichelis is a fairly good example. he signed on a free for athloetico in july, they paid 5MM EUR on september 1 for him

(they did change managers over the summer but he had agreed to join city before demichelis joined athletico )
  • ReplyReply

• lancasterke

• Domestique
    • Liked: 465
    • Awards: Thread of the year 2015
    « Reply #1439 on: November 04, 2013, 21:23 »
    west ham have been poor this season. i had high hopes for us as well.
    other than ravel and a great hour against spurs (reid, tomkins, noble have also been generally good too)

the real problem, and we could see this coming  from about february last year, that there was only 1 forward in the squad (AC) who is usually injured, and one guy who can cover just about (cole).
    i hope he proves me wrong but maiga hasn't shown any indication other than he is sh*t and vaz te, as much as he'd disagree, just doesn't seem like a centre forward.

we then allowed cole to leave to get fat.

AC was already injured at this point. but we let the only other striker in the squad leave.

then, having signed another winger (expensively) in the window we failed to add another striker.

then panic sign 2 unemployed overweight out of practice, not terribly impressive strikers who are both the wrong side of thirty and scored about 4 prem goals combined last year.

weirdly neither of them are fit.

so we're left with having played 25% of the season without a striker.

this was completely avoidable and the problem has come about mainly because allardyce paid fairly big money for maiga £7MM and downing £5MM in the last year to go with £15MM for AC (which is more forgivable because on the rare occasions he's played he's caused problems).

it's the 12 on downing and maiga that meant that the likes of lukaku and remy went elsewhere

we've kept 6 clean sheets which is great, but we've only scored in 4 games

it's just a bit embarrassing, if we go down, and that's a very real possibility, it will be completely down to squad management.

• ReplyReply

•