collapse

kisling

• Coach Potato
  • Liked: 0
Re: Football
« Reply #1440 on: November 14, 2013, 06:32 »
Man City transfer policy is a bit odd to be fair, they let Tevez go and continue with a dodgy keeper despite being the richest club in world football.

I find it strange to be. Exchange with Tevez Manchester City Juventus players, do not know what effect. But Tevez at Juventus  inherited Juventus NO.10 shirt  . Still a lot of games to play an important role.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:48 by kisling »

Caruut

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 521
      • Sporcle quizzes on cycling.
    • Awards: Post of 2014
    « Reply #1441 on: November 22, 2013, 13:03 »
    Rejects XI
      *se Ibrahimovic
    *gb Bale *sk Hamsik *pl Blaszczykowski
    *tr Sahin *tr Altintop
    *at Alaba *rs Subotic *rs Nastasic *rs Ivanovic
    *cz Cech

A team made up of players whose countries aren't going to the World Cup. They are all also current international - Vidic would have probably started ahead of Nastasic if that hadn't been the case. Bar Altintop, all of these players are at top European sides. He's probably the weak link, so if anyone can think of a top holding midfielder who won't be going to Brazil, speak up.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 15:13 by Caruut »

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2516
    « Reply #1442 on: November 22, 2013, 15:23 »
    Rejects XI
      *se Ibrahimovic
    *gb Bale *sk Hamsik *pl Blaszczykowski
    *tr Sahin *tr Altintop
    *at Alaba *rs Subotic *rs Nastasic *rs Ivanovic
    *cz Cech

And with Lewandowski, Piszczek, Szczesny, Ramsey, Evans, Agger, Santa Cruz, Mkhitaryan, Vidic, Jovetic, Vucinic in reserve... Would be in with a good shot of reaching at least a semi-final.

But then again, so would the Spanish and German reserve teams.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 842
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1443 on: November 22, 2013, 15:28 »
    Yall forgot Aaron Ramsey, aka new Zidane.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

Caruut

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 521
      • Sporcle quizzes on cycling.
    • Awards: Post of 2014
    « Reply #1444 on: November 22, 2013, 15:42 »
    As a DM or an AM though? DM-wise I think Sahin and Ramsey is too attacking as a pairing, and as far as attacking midfield goes, I don't really rate him above Hamsik.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 542
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #1445 on: December 13, 2013, 20:37 »
    New stock in ManU Clubshop,
    Impress your guests with the Manchester United lamp...........Looks great in the middle of the table.
    Or
    Beat your friend in the snow this winter with the official Manchester United sledge.......Nothing goes downhill so fast..
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1057
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #1446 on: December 13, 2013, 22:05 »
    Beat your friend in the snow this winter with the official Manchester United sledge.......Nothing goes downhill so fast..

Besides United itself. :D

Gotta say I enjoyed Ajax losing to Milan to extreme amounts, these extremely tasteful tears after their delusions of grandeur after winning to Barcelona. Man, my day couldnt be better. :D
  • ReplyReply

• lancasterke

• Domestique
    • Liked: 465
    • Awards: Thread of the year 2015
    « Reply #1447 on: December 18, 2013, 10:30 »
    i'm afraid i'm going to rant about west ham again.

i did wait a few days to calm down first, so hopefully it won't be too bad :)

our performance against Sunderland on saturday was awful, genuinely and deeply awful.

winston reid and stewart downing being injured doesn't help but still, this was dire.

the squad looks obviously not good enough at this level, and really lacks direction belief and effort.

noble, morrison, tomkins, diame, reid (inj), downing (inj) are good
    jussi, demel, mcartney, rat, collison (probably generous) are competent
    jarvis, cole, cole, maiga, o'brien, collins, nolan, taylor are past it or never good enough, all look out of their depth
    Carrol,  petric haven't really been seen to be judged

half the team being obviously out of their depth is a problem and will continue to be so
  • ReplyReply

• Gotland

• Domestique
    • Liked: 406
    • Awards: New Member of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1448 on: December 18, 2013, 12:53 »
    Finally a positive direction for my club Hammarby. After trudging through the valley of death in the second division for five years, and nearly facing extinction. My club has recruited a decent people on the manager side, and they've let go of players that doesn't pull their weight to the club. Silly Season rumors has it that our former hero Charlie Davies has been spotted in Sweden.

Yesterday I saw this compilation of chants from the terrace at Söderstadion (RIP) which made realise that we outsang (still does) and had better attendance records that most teams in the top tier division of Allsvenskan in Sweden.

• ReplyReply
  • "Emma is Queen of consistency" Peloton Watch

Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #1449 on: January 14, 2014, 07:48 »
    Man Utd supporters eh....

I bought the MUFC bra for the wife........ she hates it,
    She says the supports crap and it wont be long till the tits are out of both cups...

coat, door...
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #1450 on: January 23, 2014, 14:51 »
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #1451 on: January 30, 2014, 14:37 »
    Cheers West Ham!

Big Sam recreating the days when he managed Bolton Wanderers, dunno why Mourinho was complaining as he must of known what was coming up.
  • ReplyReply

• Agation

• Coach Potato
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #1452 on: January 31, 2014, 10:00 »
    hi
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7891
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1453 on: January 31, 2014, 21:57 »
    Hi Agation, :welcome to Velorooms!

Feel free to browse around and contribute when you find a topic that interests you. :)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 842
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1454 on: February 02, 2014, 22:40 »
    Jose is just trying to deflect attention away from his teams pish poor offering and 99% of the media are buying it.

Love this from Big Sam;

“He can't take it can he,” Allardyce said. “He can't take him because we've out-tactic-ed him, out-witted him. He just can't cope. He can tell me all he wants.

"I don't give a s***e, to be honest. I love to see Chelsea players moaning at the referee, trying to intimidate him, Jose jumping up and down in his technical area. It's great to see.”

Big Sam's response to Jose's accusation that West Ham played 19th century football.

And the worst thing is Chelsea under Narcisinho played just the way he is complaining about, when they were at Man Utd and Arsenal.

I hope the media goes midieval on him if he plays that way tomorrow. Doubt it though
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1455 on: February 03, 2014, 00:50 »
    Man City in their recent form should play Chelsea off the field though. Even if Chelsea do park the bus.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1457 on: February 28, 2014, 02:00 »
    http://gfycat.com/ObedientOrneryDanishswedishfarmdog

Holy crap that goal! Panenka free kick, that goal is unbelievable.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1458 on: March 03, 2014, 09:51 »
    The day after losing to "scum" (020.) just got so much worse, Fred f'ing Rutte to become the new Feyenoord coach.. Jesus effing Christ, the club has gone mad.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1459 on: March 03, 2014, 11:07 »
    The day after losing to "scum" (020.) just got so much worse, Fred f'ing Rutte to become the new Feyenoord coach.. Jesus effing Christ, the club has gone mad.

Well to be fair, they did try better alternatives first. Van Gaal, Advocaat and Adriaanse turned them down. Hiddink is of to the Dutch team, Bosz is engaged as the manager of a far better team than Feyenoord so wouldn't leave ;) , Meulensteen and van Marwijk not fired yet, Van Bronckhorst lacking experience... Who else could they get? Only other name that comes to mind is Jol, which would be even worse than Rutten.

But after havign seen him in action at Vitesse last year: best of luck with him, you'll need it..
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1460 on: March 03, 2014, 11:14 »
    Well to be fair, they did try better alternatives first. Van Gaal, Advocaat and Adriaanse turned them down. Hiddink is of to the Dutch team, Bosz is engaged as the manager of a far better team than Feyenoord so wouldn't leave ;) , Meulensteen and van Marwijk not fired yet, Van Bronckhorst lacking experience... Who else could they get? Only other name that comes to mind is Jol, which would be even worse than Rutten.

Nobody in Rotterdam, besides the club leaders, wanted Adriaanse and Van Gaal. They would NEVER fit in at Feyenoord. Never, ever. Why would Van Gaal want to coach Feyenoord, after being so prominent at Ajax, especially after the Cup match in 1995 when the Feyenoord fans sung about Van Gaals wife who was dying of cancer. That was never going to happen. Adriaanse too, coached Ajax and is a pure Amsterdammer.

Bosz would be an okay option, but he was responsible for Feyenoords downfall in 2008 to begin with, he was responsible for the extremely expensive contracts of all the older internationals that Feyenoord attracted. But atleast he has a Feyenoord heart.

Van Marwijk wouldnt be an option because of his 3rd time coaching Feyenoord already, Meulensteen is not a bad option after he got fired at Fulham. Jol wouldnt even stand a chance of getting in, coached Ajax and is therefore disliked already.

But after havign seen him in action at Vitesse last year: best of luck with him, you'll need it..

Ha. Rutte will need luck too with the fans, nobody in Rotterdam wanted him to begin with. Even though its harsh, #OPRUTTEN

Personally I wouldve gone for Jan-Paul van Gastel & Giovanni van Brockhorst. Rutten isnt a proven trainer anyway, always choked when it mattered. Why not go for people with a heart for the club? I'd be really disappointed with Feyenoord if I were either of the two.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1461 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31 »
    I could see a Cocu situation unfolding if you'd go with those two: lacking experience, and in my opinion Van Bronckhorst isn't really a clear leader either. It would have been a huge risk at the very least, I can understand the Feyenoord club leaders going for a safer option. The problem is, the large majority of Dutch coaches have an Ajax history in some way. If you Feyenoord fans reject anyone with an Ajax history out of hand, that really reduces the number of options.

Van Gaal as a constructive coach would have been great for this team. He is an ideal man to help develop the players, while Van Gastel and Van Bronckhorst can learn as his assistants (or go train a club like Excelsior to gain experience). You should just get over your petty feud with Ajax already ;)

Meulensteen would have been a very decent option in my view, a lot of experience from the days of assisting Fergusen. Sure he failed at Fulham, but if Feyenoord could be a bit patient with him he could be a good trainer, especially in combination with some real Feyenoord men as his assistants.

But Rutten... Well, it's going to be interesting for sure. I was not a fan while he was at Vitesse, you're right that he doesn't seem to deal with pressure well and he'll have plenty of pressure from the Legioen.

Ps. Talking about former Vitesse trainers, you should just have gone for Van den Brom, he won't survive at Anderlecht much longer anyway ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1462 on: March 03, 2014, 11:40 »
    I could see a Cocu situation unfolding if you'd go with those two: lacking experience, and in my opinion Van Bronckhorst isn't really a clear leader either. It would have been a huge risk at the very least, I can understand the Feyenoord club leaders going for a safer option. The problem is, the large majority of Dutch coaches have an Ajax history in some way. If you Feyenoord fans reject anyone with an Ajax history out of hand, that really reduces the number of options.

Van Gaal as a constructive coach would have been great for this team. He is an ideal man to help develop the players, while Van Gastel and Van Bronckhorst can learn as his assistants (or go train a club like Excelsior to gain experience). You should just get over your petty feud with Ajax already ;)

You know better than to call the Feyenoord vs Ajax thing a petty feud. You know that its way bigger than just Feyenoord vs Ajax.

Meulensteen would have been a very decent option in my view, a lot of experience from the days of assisting Fergusen. Sure he failed at Fulham, but if Feyenoord could be a bit patient with him he could be a good trainer, especially in combination with some real Feyenoord men as his assistants.

I agree with you. Meulensteen was great at Man United with the youth academy. Combined with van Gastel & Gio it wouldnt have been a bad combination.

But Rutten... Well, it's going to be interesting for sure. I was not a fan while he was at Vitesse, you're right that he doesn't seem to deal with pressure well and he'll have plenty of pressure from the Legioen.

Ps. Talking about former Vitesse trainers, you should just have gone for Van den Brom, he won't survive at Anderlecht much longer anyway ;)

Rutte has always been afraid at the Kuip, he never ever did well when playing us there. I wonder how he'll deal with the pressure from the Legioen.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1463 on: March 03, 2014, 11:49 »
    You know better than to call the Feyenoord vs Ajax thing a petty feud. You know that its way bigger than just Feyenoord vs Ajax.

I was half joking there.. But the point still is that someone like Van Gaal would have been infinitely better for the team and the players than Rutten or inexperienced people like Gio. He didn't want the job anyway, but if he did, would Feyenoord fans all make life impossible for him just because of his Ajax past even though if given the support he can do a lot with the talented young players you have?

I agree with you. Meulensteen was great at Man United with the youth academy. Combined with van Gastel & Gio it wouldnt have been a bad combination.

Rutte has always been afraid at the Kuip, he never ever did well when playing us there. I wonder how he'll deal with the pressure from the Legioen.

Well it does mean that for next year I don't have to fear Feyenoord challenging us for the title :P I like Feyenoord better than Ajax or PSV, but any competition out of the way for Vitesse to grab that long overdue Eredivisie win is a good thing for me right now :)
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1464 on: March 03, 2014, 12:11 »
    I was half joking there.. But the point still is that someone like Van Gaal would have been infinitely better for the team and the players than Rutten or inexperienced people like Gio. He didn't want the job anyway, but if he did, would Feyenoord fans all make life impossible for him just because of his Ajax past even though if given the support he can do a lot with the talented young players you have?

I know you were joking, but Van Gaal stood for everything that average Feyenoorder and Rotterdammer hates with a passion.

Well it does mean that for next year I don't have to fear Feyenoord challenging us for the title :P I like Feyenoord better than Ajax or PSV, but any competition out of the way for Vitesse to grab that long overdue Eredivisie win is a good thing for me right now :)

With the mental attitude that has been around all these years, Feyenoord will always be around but never actually contend for the title anyway. Vitesse wont win the Eredivisie anytime soon, especially not if Chelsea stops being the sweet sugardaddy.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1465 on: March 03, 2014, 12:22 »
    I know you were joking, but Van Gaal stood for everything that average Feyenoorder and Rotterdammer hates with a passion.

I feel like Feyenoord fans hate just about everything and everyone just for the sake of hating :P It's just sad to see that after going so well with a number of amazing youth prospects it's now going down with the most conservative trainer imaginable. If a former Ajax player/coach can help prevent that, I'd take it if I were a Feyenoord fan.

Not a clue what van Gaal has done to you Feyenoorders, I don't follow your feud with Ajax closely. All I know is he is a very competent manager who can construct a team like almost no other. He led Ajax to world dominance and stood at the basis of both Barcelona's dominant team and Bayern's current dominance, even if others made the final steps.

With the mental attitude that has been around all these years, Feyenoord will always be around but never actually contend for the title anyway. Vitesse wont win the Eredivisie anytime soon, especially not if Chelsea stops being the sweet sugardaddy.

Hell yes we will! Chelsea will continue to be sugardaddy, next year Piazon will return for another year and we'll crush all competition! I have faith ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #1466 on: March 03, 2014, 12:32 »
    I feel like Feyenoord fans hate just about everything and everyone just for the sake of hating :P It's just sad to see that after going so well with a number of amazing youth prospects it's now going down with the most conservative trainer imaginable. If a former Ajax player/coach can help prevent that, I'd take it if I were a Feyenoord fan

Not a clue what van Gaal has done to you Feyenoorders, I don't follow your feud with Ajax closely. All I know is he is a very competent manager who can construct a team like almost no other. He led Ajax to world dominance and stood at the basis of both Barcelona's dominant team and Bayern's current dominance, even if others made the final steps.

Yes. I dont understand the choice for Rutte either. The amazing youth prospects will still come and Van Gaal wouldve fit in there. But Van Gaal wouldnt fit in, why he'd even consider Feyenoord after what the fans sung to him, is beyond me. Fans wouldnt want it, he shouldnt want it, it wouldve been a deal doomed from the start.

As for hating for the sake of hating, I'll refer you to this video from Mike Boddé
    (warning: Dutch, warning: humor from Rotterdam)

Rotterdammers zijn nergens voor, maar overal tegen.

Hell yes we will! Chelsea will continue to be sugardaddy, next year Piazon will return for another year and we'll crush all competition! I have faith ;)

I doubt it. You'll probably choke like this season, not winning 5 games in a row, in which you didnt score for 3 games :p.
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 818
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #1467 on: March 24, 2014, 16:00 »
    Wenger out.

That is all  :angry
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3360
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    « Reply #1468 on: March 24, 2014, 19:03 »
    Nah, Arsenal will be ok for fourth. Its only the top three they are struggling to compete with.
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 818
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #1469 on: March 24, 2014, 21:00 »
    Profits before points in my opinion.

Even if they do hang on for fourth (and they have to go away to Everton so its not given), this is a primary example of where if they had pushed the boat out for Higuain last summer or got some support for Giroud in January, they might have lasted the pace.

This collapse was always going to happen I am afraid.
  • ReplyReply

•