collapse

Kvinto

• Neo Pro
  • Liked: 140
Re: Football
« Reply #1080 on: December 20, 2012, 13:47 »
Does anybody know why do the Dutchies react on a "Dnipropetrovsk" as if right after visiting a coffee shop? First time I've taken notice when Dnipro played with PSV - two Dutch journalists/commentators were getting high at mentioning of city's name and now it is Kluivert at the Europa League draw  :-\
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 15:18 by Kvinto »
    "Women buy stuff at sales for the same reason men climb mountains - because they're there" (from 'Under the Dome' by Stephen King)

kabloemski

• krebsy's #1 rooster booster
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 126
    Football
    « Reply #1081 on: December 20, 2012, 13:50 »
    "@MUFC_NewsAgent: SAF on CL Draw: "It's the tie of the round and a great chance for our fans to see Cristiano again."

"@MUFC_NewsAgent: SAF on Draw: "And also for me to meet up with Jose, ill need to get some good wine!"
  • ReplyReply
  • Hey, Bart! Your epidermis is showing!

ram

« Reply #1082 on: December 20, 2012, 13:59 »
    Sage

Not that United would be anywhere near Barcelona if they had played in the Spanish league. No one in the world would have been, not even the Spanish national team. But you're right, United are the favourites against Madrid. Certainly not by a large margin though.

So do we know which teams will play who in the quarter/semi/finals?
    Yeah, but Real have been sh*tting bricks against Betis and Espanyol. The premier league this year seems about the least worst team.

Only six more months of Bates.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1057
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #1083 on: December 20, 2012, 23:53 »

Will always remain the best tune, Super Feyenoord! :win
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 542
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #1084 on: December 22, 2012, 11:30 »
    Noooooooooo,
    FFS, I am starting to dislike the Arse as much as I dislike Chealsea,
    Boxing day Arsenal v West Ham postponed, reason a tube drivers strike, absolute pathetic reason to not have a match.
    Fulham v Southampton on
    QPR WBA on..
    Wenger must think London comes to a standstill because of a tube strike, what a load of Betty Swallocks.
    Now poor Arch has to do the family thing two days running instead of going out with mates on Boxing Day, another day of being nice and board games.It aint right its a traditional sport day and should stay so.
    Hope Arsenal get Newcastle away next year on Boxing Day, that would show em to respect tradition.

Anyway of to see the Hammers play Everton later, so better make the most of it.

COYI COYI
    Rant over, calm down Arch..
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1085 on: December 22, 2012, 11:35 »
    The :censoreds! For a tube strike? India would never host anything if strikes mattered.

Also, aren't the Asburton Grove tickets prohibitively expensive?

Give it in full due to the Arse fan here.
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Awards: Quintuple Official Prediction Game Champ (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)2019 Giro CQ Game winner
    « Reply #1086 on: December 22, 2012, 11:41 »
    Ram, Yes, yes & yes.
    Its not as if there aint easy parking in Islington.
    Wenger just determined to have a winter break, the bellend
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1087 on: December 22, 2012, 11:51 »
    Would be grouse to see the reactions when they'll have to play on Wednesday's for 3 or four weeks at a stretch. The schedule would certainly come up then as a whinge.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1088 on: December 22, 2012, 12:06 »
    Malaga banned from UEFA tournaments for next season for breach of financial fair play ::)

Yep, I've never heard of Chelsea or Manchester city
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1089 on: December 22, 2012, 13:15 »
    "@StuartRowson: Here's your list of postponements from @bbcsport
    http://t.co/haGlMbUr"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20823954
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    « Reply #1090 on: December 22, 2012, 22:03 »
    ManUre now play 3 games before Arse play again, its all wrong I tell ya ;D ;D
    (So do Swansea & Villa I think)

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 7899
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #1091 on: December 23, 2012, 07:39 »
    Malaga making big splashes and also funded on some millionaire from somewhere if I recall but still would be better to have the best teams in the quarters, so you dont have a situation like Chelsea where they are overwhelming favourites.

Guess that is the luck of the draw though :D
    Didn't that millionaire pull out shortly before this season, making the team very short on money (selling Santi Cazorla, van Nistelrooy retiring etc.) and having them play with a young team of "no-names" (at least compared to what they could have had)?

Malaga banned from UEFA tournaments for next season for breach of financial fair play ::)

Yep, I've never heard of Chelsea or Manchester city
    It seems the UEFA only punishes teams that don't get a sh*tload of money forked over anymore, as opposed to teams that still get it.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

ram

« Reply #1092 on: December 23, 2012, 07:53 »
    Didn't that millionaire pull out shortly before this season, making the team very short on money (selling Santi Cazorla, van Nistelrooy retiring etc.) and having them play with a young team of "no-names" (at least compared to what they could have had)?
    Don't think that deal with the Albanian fella went through.  They had some 30-40 million quid in unpaid wages then AFAIK. Then again, in 2011 Barcelona had the same problem. Spain has been a disaster for overseas takeovers... Racing, Malaga after that and even Getafe's not doing much.

It seems the UEFA only punishes teams that don't get a sh*tload of money forked over anymore, as opposed to teams that still get it.
    Sage
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1093 on: December 23, 2012, 12:48 »
    "@BBCSport: FOOTBALL: Two changes for both Swansea & Man Utd. Vidic makes first start since September. Live text - http://t.co/AwtCcwB6"
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 2049
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #1094 on: December 23, 2012, 14:17 »
    Young has been awful, likewise Valencia who has been static. Rooney has been his uncofident self..
    Meanwhile Carrick and RVP have been dazzling the Swansea side.. but they can not do it all by themselves.. :fp

Good to see Vida back though
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1095 on: December 23, 2012, 14:56 »
    I've not really been keeping much of an eye on it, catching a few mins now.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1096 on: December 23, 2012, 15:23 »
    The result, a draw. The conclusion, that van Persie is an absolute fairy. Like me a bit of Swansea, but Manchester should've won it in the second half.

Leeds up to eighth. Pune up to third. Good times
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1097 on: December 23, 2012, 15:41 »
    Hey, that was a sh*tty kick, Van Persie was pretty ok under the circumstances - had it been me, dude's nutsack would've needed some serious attention.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1098 on: December 23, 2012, 15:46 »
    The kick was immediately after the whistle and he was clearing his lines or a frustrated clearance. Wasn't worth RVP's (he's been a fairy forever) shenanigans as he'd risk concussion far more by challenging for a header.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1099 on: December 23, 2012, 15:49 »
    Oh Ram, come on, I just saw the replay again.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1100 on: December 23, 2012, 15:58 »

He cleared it just as the whistle went off. If Ashley Williams got a red, then Van Persie merited one too for his behaviour. The reaction was ott.

Ferguson
    "Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player today and he should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck."

Yeah, David Busst and Haaland never happened... Scholes is a footballer
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1101 on: December 23, 2012, 16:03 »
    I saw Fergie's spiel, and yes, bag of salt with that one. But still, sh*tty kick. He was right there behind Van Persie.

You gonna watch Chelsea? Just scored, Torres.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1102 on: December 23, 2012, 16:05 »
    (And not saying Van P shouldn't gotten carded. I'd have been served a lifetime ban in his shoes grrrrrrrr...)
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1103 on: December 23, 2012, 16:06 »
    Should do, none else on the telly but to watch the Chavs.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1104 on: December 23, 2012, 16:08 »
    Cool, me too. My brother's been an Aston Villa fan ever since I can remember, not me though, like me some Chelski.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2516
    « Reply #1105 on: December 23, 2012, 16:20 »
    United were dominant, but not good. Van Persie played well but couldn't manage the finishes today. Carrick and Evra both had a great match, but they were about the only ones. Rooney awful, Cleverley invisible, Young and Valencia doubtful at best...

Man United are still completely reliant on Van Persie and Rooney. When one of them has an off-day (Rooney) and the other lacks luck (Van Persie), they are not nearly a world-class team. What will be interesting though is how they'll do when Kagawa and Anderson return. Particularly the former, if he manages to play anywhere near the level he did at Dortmund he'll be an extremely dangerous man.

Might watch the Chelsea in a bit, since there's nothing else to watch or to today anyway.

Edit- By the way, is Smalling injured or something? Found him to be the least bad United defender lately, certainly better than Jones or Evans..
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #1106 on: December 23, 2012, 16:22 »
    In the second half... I thought the Swans were more than a match for Manchester in the first half. They were the better team then, I'd say.

Smalling's coming back from a long term injury. That could be the reason. Jonny Evans is really sh*te, another O'Shea.
  • ReplyReply

• kabloemski

• Classics Winner
    Football
    « Reply #1107 on: December 23, 2012, 16:33 »
    Man U's not been that dominant of late, hey? Not too bad, though, nice to see them have to work for it. And been hearing about there preferential treatment via umps & stuff. Hard to let go of a fave team etc but winning via cheating etc.. not so much my flava.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1057
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #1108 on: December 23, 2012, 16:35 »
    Feyenoord remained undefeated in the whole of 2012 in the Kuip, in competition, unfortunately only one loss in the CL play-offs at home :(.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 2049
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #1109 on: December 23, 2012, 18:08 »
    Man U's not been that dominant of late, hey? Not too bad, though, nice to see them have to work for it. And been hearing about there preferential treatment via umps & stuff. Hard to let go of a fave team etc but winning via cheating etc.. not so much my flava.
    ??? what do you mean by cheating?  :)

United were poor today and it seemed like we went back to our usual lack of incisiveness once everything eventually settled down.
    A big problem is Valencia who has been going through a poor patch of form and was incapable of either beating defenders or even delivering a decent cross into the middle. Young also seems just to lack penetration. Some of his football was good but it is all for nothing if he can not take on the defender and deliver to Van Persie to score. Rooney has been sub-standard this season. He is a very temperamental player and will go through patches.. currently he is going through a long patch of sustained averageness.. :D His first touch, second touch and third touch ,if he had not been dispossessed by then  :P, were all awful and it was evident that RVP was reluctant to link up with Rooney when he knew that Rooney could barely tell his left foot from his right.

On the bright side Carrick was phenomenal today and a central midfielder like him is exactly what United need. He is showing signs of been that rock in the midfield who not only links the midfield together but also delivers to the forwards and shields his back four. It was also good to see Vidic back and he played well, as he could not do anything for the goal as he had to go across to De Guzman . Though I disagree about Evra SR.. He has had a good season up until now, well at least in comparison to his nightmarish performances of last season but today he was just bossed around by Routledge and the others. He was partially at fault for the goal but I just felt that he was not dominant enough against the tricky forwards of Swansea. His attacking contribution was alright but once again it just lacked penetration, a couple of times he could have found RVP or someone and instead mucked it up.

Class by Agustien as well. Was a performance and a half that..

Oh and Chelsea 8-0 WTF?  O0

PS: Ashley Williams.. a very good player to have in your fantasy team, but why do all football managers have to be so dramatic?  :fp
  • ReplyReply

•