collapse

Giuseppe Magnetico

• Maestro della ruota
  • Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 3
Re: The Wheels go round...
« on: April 11, 2012, 14:16 »
First question for the masses: I'm planning a wheel set for my wife's bike. Miche Racing Box hubs (32), Velocity A23 rims. Will probably use DT Comp spokes. What lacing pattern and tires would you suggest? She rides 50-90 km's at a time on smooth-choppy asphalt, and doesn't race. Her weight... I probably should know that but have no clue. Almost 5'10" and fit, I don't know... maybe 145lbs?

I was thinking radial front and 3x rear. For tires, I like GP4000S but am open to suggestions.

I'm going to play the Devil's advocate to Antisrta's suggestion that a radial front is weaker.  I ride about 300 miles per week on a radial front wheel for the last three years and have yet to put it remotely out of true.  I'm 180lbs and probably ride roads that are way more choppy than what you and your wife ride.  However, radial spoke patterns do NOT offer any sort of advantage in the aero or weight categories, it's purely an aesthetic choice.

32h radial front, 32h 3x rear, double butted spokes and brass nips would be a fine wheel set with the parts you mentioned.   
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by Mellow Velo
    [Today at 09:18]

Re: Roadbooks by Echoes
    [Today at 00:18]

Re: Roadbooks bonjour Jai télécharger l appli by roy
    [June 14, 2021, 19:21]

Re: Roadbooks by Samuel
    [June 14, 2021, 15:01]

Re: Roadbooks by Kevin34