collapse

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
  • Liked: 7945
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« on: November 23, 2015, 12:37 »
First bit of news is via their facebook account. The opener for the season will be the GP Costa degli Etruschi. Tro-Bro Leon looks to be on the calendar too. Their only venture into Western Europe last year was the Tour de Berlin, so this maybe marks a change in geographic focus?
Apart from Israelis, the 2015 squad was full of Poles, Slovaks plus one Czech and a Spaniard.

For 2016, they've cast a wider net, also signing a Slovene and an Estonian.
Three former WT riders (#cannondale Boivin, #bmc Butler, #europcar Craven) mean a step up in quality, and three of the new riders (four if you count Korus) come from North America.

I believe that we'll definitely see a change in focus. With the North Americans and Peter Sagan as "team ambassador", an invite to the Tour of California is entirely possible, and I expect them to also go for the other *usa *ca races.
Giovanni Lombardi is the agent of Sagan and used to be the agent of Ran Margaliot (now the team manager), his connections ought to get the team a decent Italian calendar.

It's an interesting project, and I'm looking forward to following it in the future. :)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean