collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9736
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2016, 19:09 »
Some more details about the victory in Mexico.

https://www.facebook.com/CyclingAcademyTeam/posts/717840918319469

Quote from: Luis Lemus
" The race started with 10 laps of a 2 Km circuit, and a break of 15 riders went away, we knew it wasn't really dangerous, we can afford up to 5 min before the climb.

The last climb was really long, 35 km, and more than 1 hr, also the heat was a big factor today, so keeping calm and keep drinking and eating before the climb was really important, so I did that, and stayed focus on the climb.

I felt pretty good, as the climb started the attacks started and I was on a group of 5 that caught the 3 last riders of the break like 10 k on the climb, I was dropped from 2 other guys a bit later, but I knew it was a long way to go, so I just kept my own pace, and stayed focus on it.

I caught them back, dropped 1 rider, so it was just me and my cousin in the front, but he wasn't feeling good, so I left him behind like 13 k to the top, from there to the finish it was just a TT, measuring the effort, and as Nicki told me , dreaming of that great place that is the finish line.

I kept control with my SRM, to not go over the red and crack, I had about a minute to a lonely chaser, and I won for a min, during the last km I could enjoy it a but more, I clapped to myself, I was really happy, I even start thinking of my new Jersey, about having the jersey in Europe and with the Cycling Academy Logo".
  • ReplyReply

•