collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9533
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2016, 05:38 »
https://twitter.com/PezCycling/status/805778290266947588

The "low-down" on Cycling Academy from their media director Tsadok Yecheskeli.

We still have names to announce but we’ll have 16 riders with seven or eight of them from either Pro Continental or World Tour teams (his counting must be off as I see only 5 so far including Lowndes) – and three young Israelis. And we’ll have a development team for 2017 to bring young riders through.

Two more new riders, a Spaniard and an Australian will be announced in the next two days with the two Israelis to give 16 in total. We’re out to prove we belong at Pro Continental level; not necessarily winning but leaving our mark; being in the breaks, attacking – gambling is in our DNA. Finishing isn’t the thing – it’s showing, trying to win. We know we can’t dominate but we have to try to steal races in the breakaways; that’s the philosophy – attack and try to go for the win!

I presume the interview was done before the announcement of Diaz otherwise they'll have seventeen riders, so he is the Spaniard and Lowndes is the Australian. Yechezkel is bound to be one of the Israelis and the other is probably one of the Goldsteins.

No new African unfortunately, but maybe we'll see one or two in the development team.

Sixteen is the smallest amount of riders that they could have on the team, but they've shown in previous years that they're not averse to bringing in more riders during the year. So I'd expect some from the development team to make the jump if they impress.

• ReplyReply

•