collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9611
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2016, 05:19 »
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/raim-strikes-gold-with-gamble-on-first-israeli-pro-team/

Raim interview from a few days ago.

"For the goals I need to be realistic, one race where I really want to be good this year is Tro-Bro Leon in France. I really like those races where there are cobblestone sectors. This was my big goal this past year now and I was ninth in this race."

That's now the kind of racer Raim sees himself as: a hard-man who can outlast the rest as the field gets smaller and smaller, and then at the finish having a little bit faster kick and a little bit more left in the tank than the others.

"I'm quite fast in the sprint, but I'm not a pure sprinter, so for me the Classics races with the cobblestones and short steep hills, those races that are, I can say killing me softly," he said. "Every lap there is somebody dropped, so this is my cup of tea. Also, I don't mind to go in the early break to help the team out, and you never know, sometimes the break can go to the finish. That's my racing style: aggressive and attacking. So I see my future like that."

He has an interesting turn of phrase.

Academy2! :D

Their First Assignment (or something).
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by flow487
    [Today at 07:53]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [August 16, 2022, 17:22]

Re: Roadbooks by le gac
    [August 16, 2022, 05:24]