collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9602
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2017, 09:34 »
We must also recognise that it could be the case that Sylvan Adams is throwing a few Canadian $ the way of the various organizers, generous billionaires are handy things to have on board. He's involved in real estate and I can't see any obvious Canadian or Israeli partners on the various race websites, so we can't be sure of it with any certainty.

On the other hand, the classics were one of their big stated targets (along with stage wins). The transfers (eight) they made over the winter were mainly for guys who could make their mark in that field over the next few years. They only brought in Diaz for big climbs (and he looks like he will need a lot of time to deliver) and they look quite weak in that dept. As they do in TTing. In fact the team feels very unrounded and skewed towards these targets.

Even so I think they are lucky to get all the invites they've got so far, I seem to remember stating my pessimism over them even getting an Omloop invite not so long ago. They probably will suffer like dogs over the course of the next month, but hopefully the experience will stand them in good stead for future endeavours.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Circuit franco-belge by Leadbelly
    [August 10, 2022, 19:24]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [August 10, 2022, 13:57]

Circuit franco-belge by Echoes
    [August 10, 2022, 12:56]

Re: Roadbooks by FastJack
    [August 09, 2022, 23:45]

Re: Roadbooks by polenta