collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9531
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2017, 19:25 »
Despite the initial bad luck I felt the Circuit des Ardennes was a decent start for the Devo team.

Guy Niv (their best finisher) gave a little write up about what went on for him during the race, but be warned as Hebrew can be added to Estonian as languages that google translate struggles on.

Going by what he wrote the legs were good, but he was struggling on positioning within the peloton and not being aggressive enough to battle for it. That's fine though as that should come with experience.

The team in general did show their greenness, and I'm not talking about their kits, on a couple of occasions. Bear spent 50km fruitlessly trying to bridge to a break and then getting spat out the back of the peloton when they caught him. The team also mentioned Bear and Sessler slowing down to try and help Einhorn (their sprinter) get back into the peloton on a climb and thus all three getting dropped, that doesn't sound too bad per se, but it left Niv isolated.

The next race pencilled in on the calendar is the Coppa della Pace in June, but at the end of his report he says "I now await the two tournaments the German round are" - so Eschborn-Frankfurt and Berlin?
  • ReplyReply

•