collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9531
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #270 on: August 07, 2017, 23:27 »
so with the Giro start in Israel next year...

...I guess we will get to see some transfer news Leadbelly is unlikely to approve?!

Could be, could be. It's not black and white though, there's plenty of grey in there. The absolute no-nos would be American hipster types and one trick pony sprinters.

I feel they definitely need an established climber or two. However they don't grow on trees (at least great ones don't), so someone like Hermans if he was available would be a excellent selection, but he's probably way above the upper limit of realistic transfers. Woods could be an alternative from the WT level.

Avila would be an excellent signing I think. The only smile out there to rival Chaves, can climb better than most of the current Bike Geeeeks team and has a sprint at the end.

Carpenter is a very strong rider. Would be good for breaks, stage/jersey hunting and climbing support.

Who else could be a potential signing?

The Canadian link might want Houle or Tony the Tiger added to the squad, though Duchesne looks to be heading to Pineau's team.

They have a habit of picking up on riders who they have raced against, so why not Ciccone who did really well at Utah. Bardiani can't guarantee a Giro invite in 2018.

The most important signing however is getting Turek signed up for a few more years.
  • ReplyReply

•