collapse

LukasCPH

• Multiple World Champion
  • Liked: 7946
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2018, 12:16 »
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/israel-cycling-academy-start-tour-de-france-push-with-first-french-signing/
Harrumph.
I get that you may need to sign someone from La Grande Nation if you want to get into La Grande Boucle.
But more and more, this is no longer 'the team that gives riders from non-traditional countries a chance', instead turning into 'just another cycling team'. :(

Romain Lemarchand has a family member working for ASO, and he's not under contract with #delko any more ... but that's because he retired after last season. Stupid me. :S
I guess he could get a DS post ... :shh

Sylvain Chavanel - he's announced his retirement, but maybe some sweet words from Ran Margaliot (and the accompanying envelope of cash from Sylvan Adams) could convince him of postponing that? :shh

Nacer Bouhanni: He'd probably almost guarantee an entry to whichever French race(s) they wanted ... but he'd also be a big liability to take on.

Other French riders out of contract at their current teams:
#ag2r Cyril Gautier
#groupama Mathieu Ladagnous, Rudy Molard, Anthony Roux, Bénoît Vaugrenard, Arthur Vichot ... and a certain Thibaut Pinot
#cofidis Stéphane Rossetto, Anthony & Jimmy Turgis
#direct Thomas Boudat, Jonathan Hivert
#fortuneo Anthony Delaplace, Arnaud Gérard, Amaël Moinard, Pierre-Luc Périchon
#vital Erwann Corbel, Arnaud Courteille, Marc Fournier
#delko Julien El Farès, Yannick Martinez

With the exception of Pinot (and there's no way he's leaving Madiot, is there?) none of these make me sing hallelujah.

Disclaimer: I do not know which French riders and/or staff they've allegedly signed, this is all speculation.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean