collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9531
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #420 on: November 10, 2018, 21:04 »
Yes, I guess I'd have been better saying that Sosa was the best placed PCT stage racer rather than climber.

No matter what you do though it will never be fully balanced. Cycling just has too many variables. Stage races vs classics, two day races vs ten day ones, early season vs peak season, European Tour vs the ROTW and a big one in start list quality. Hainan gives the same points as Algarve, Fuzhou (or Sibiu if we want to stop bullying China) the same as Valenciana even though the start lists are astronomical units apart in quality.

I don't think we'd see anything as crazy as teams turning down invites to "big" races in Europe so they can rack up the points in Ballybackofbeyond, but there's room definitely for some judicious picking of the lowest hanging fruit.
  • ReplyReply

•