collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9528
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #510 on: February 20, 2020, 09:05 »
https://www.uci.org/road/rankings

No mind bending calculations needed. You can see I-SUN down in 27th place. Despite all their racing, they're the bottom WT team. Behind 3 (!) CT teams.

Not that the points will matter this year, but the cumulative points over three years will at the end of 2022. The UCI have said that after that time the number of UCI teams will be reduced to 18 again.

So unless a team disappears for some reason, you don't want to be the 19th ranked WT team, and if promotion/relegation is introduced you might have to be in the top-18 of combined WT and PCT teams to ensure your position from 2023 onward.

Finishing bottom this year is a strong possibility, but they need to ensure they are within touching distance of that combined top-18 and give themselves a chance of, with the help of some signings, moving into that top group in the following two years.

------------------------------

The devo team don't officially get under way until the middle of March, but they kinda will be racing in Rwanda in the next few days as the WT team.

Out there at the moment are Gebremedhin, Ovett, Lahav and Schelling. Avila is meant to be riding as well and I don't know if there is a 6th member or not. So yeah, as I talked about earlier in the thread, they could have raced this event as either the WT or Devo team.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [Today at 15:27]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno
    [Today at 15:03]

Re: Tour de France 2022 - General Discussion by Wieno
    [Today at 15:02]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 25, 2022, 16:09]

Re: Roadbooks by RDuke123