collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9530
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #540 on: July 09, 2020, 21:45 »
Who are the next ones?

#unox Torjus Sleen? (Excellent in that role)

It's the kind of signing I'd like, but the chances would appear minimal.

Money doesn't appear to be too much of a problem which means virtually anyone outside that top-rank could sign as support.

I'm sure you know the big names already linked - Porte, Teuns, Nieve (but under contract) and Izagirre x 2. However I don't see the brothers myself as particularly useful dom types in a GT.

Could anyone follow him from Ineos? Moscon has been linked with a move away. TGH could be a canny acquisition. Even with Froome leaving it's unlikely he'll move up the pecking order at Ineos and tbh I can't see him as more than a top 10-15 rider in a GT, but that's the sort of rider you want as a dom. Pretty sure he's matey with Dowsett as well.

Haig could be a similar option. If the Yateseseses leave Mitchelton (which looks almost certain) he'll likely be their joint GC leader along with Chaves, but will he be getting paid much? or as much as I-Sun could potentially offer?
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by alexisleboss
    [Today at 09:56]

Re: Sibiu Cycling Tour 2022 by search
    [Today at 08:02]

Re: Sibiu Cycling Tour 2022 by Leadbelly
    [June 28, 2022, 19:05]

Re: Roadbooks by alex592
    [June 28, 2022, 18:43]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno