collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9495
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #570 on: September 29, 2020, 09:45 »
#israel

http://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/israel_start-up_nation_har_udtaget_giro_ditalia_holdet/

Rudy Barbier
Matthias Brändle
Alexander Cataford
Davide Cimolai
Alex Dowsett
Daniel Navarro
Guy Sagiv
Rick Zabel

Should do okay on the 3 sprints and 3 TTs ....... but not very well on the other 15 stages.

Can you tell I'm not so keen on the selection for the race? :P

Okay the sprint field isn't very deep with Demare and Gaviria the only ones from the current top rank of sprinters. A top three on one of the sprint days wouldn't be too big a surprise.

There are other days, on top of the three certs, that could end up a (reduced) sprint, but will Cimolai be able to hang on? The pace could be high on those days as Matthews tries to drop Demare/Sagan who in turn will want to get rid of Gaviria/Viviani etc.

The main problem is of course only having one climber who tbh is on his last legs. The non-selection of Badilatti for his "home" GT is a strange one. He wasn't far off the climbing performance of Muhlberger at Sibiu. I think he could have given good visibility to the team on some of the many climbing days. Even Schelling, who I didn't think would ride for the team again after his time on the naughty step, would have been a better option. I can only think that Matteo is lined up to ride the Vuelta instead.
  • ReplyReply

•