collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9530
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #600 on: October 10, 2020, 18:15 »
https://twitter.com/WielerFlits/status/1314945053945720833

Alex Dowsett fears for his professional life. The Briton has no contract for the upcoming season yet. His victory in the eighth stage of the Giro d'Italia was therefore a very welcome gift. “It was a very tough year. There is so much uncertainty. ”

“I work hard, I want to keep racing next year, because that is what I prefer to do. I want to get food on the table for my family. Hopefully this victory will secure me for next year. ”

The 32-year-old Briton tries to enjoy all impressions as much as possible due to his uncertain professional life. “You keep getting a year older. Every win could be your last, maybe this will also be my last big round. I try to enjoy this with my teammates, my wife Chanel and my family. ”

Could be tough for him to stay with I-SUN. Normally there are only three spots left and at least one cobbled classics rider is needed. However there is a strain of sentimentality that runs in the team, not always to it's benefit, and that could swing him a contract. Unless of course somebody else comes in with an offer. I had been thinking Bahrain could be an option for him. There's the Ellingworth link and the team there is quite light on pure TT ability.

If it had been me in charge it would have been Dowsett and not Brandle who got the extension earlier in the year. However the Austrian got the nod, MWS is also around and Bevin is joining the team. Dowsett is probably a better TT-er than all three, but the latter two bring extra stuff to the table.

We'll see what happens.

• ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Tour de France 2022 - Stages & Discussion - Week 1 by search
    [June 29, 2022, 20:44]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 29, 2022, 16:59]

Re: Tour de France 2022 - General Discussion by Mellow Velo
    [June 29, 2022, 16:28]

Re: Roadbooks by alexisleboss
    [June 29, 2022, 09:56]