collapse

search

• World Champion
  • Liked: 14794
  • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #630 on: May 16, 2021, 07:13 »
Stage 15 is the only other similar stage as far as I can see. Will we see different tactics then?

Cimo seems to plan to stay around until then, at least, and sees it as a goal: "I don't have a team to support me, so I can't do much in pure speed stages. We'll have to wait for the Giro to go on, when the sprinters will be tired. [...] the dream now would be [to win] the Grado-Gorizia stage, which is run in Friuli. But I'm afraid that the hilly design may favor a breakaway."

https://bici.pro/giro-italia/cimolai-a-meta-del-guado-vincere-o-aiutare/

He is on his contract year, and seems to need that stage win to secure a bigger deal. "I'm at an age where you have to choose for the best, the same reason why I'm here [in the Giro] and not at home with my partner [awaiting our first child]." In general, he'd like to stay with the team though, even in another role: "I have always thought to be fast - he says - but if I had to place side by side to a strong sprinter as Viviani or Nizzolo, I would not have problems to help them. I've already proven to be a great last man. An intelligent rider has to understand his role and I would probably perform better next to a top sprinter. [...] It would be nice if the strong sprinter came here. Coming to this team was my best choice."
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 27, 2022, 15:27]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno
    [June 27, 2022, 15:03]

Re: Tour de France 2022 - General Discussion by Wieno
    [June 27, 2022, 15:02]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 25, 2022, 16:09]

Re: Roadbooks by RDuke123