collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9530
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2021, 18:15 »
They do like to mention it, but tbh I had never heard of them before his signing for the team, so that has led me (and maybe others?) to wiki them etc and find out a little about them. Quite a large diaspora in Venezuela of all places.

It's worth noting that since they are now U23, this year will be the last for Ben Moshe and Abu Fares.

SAF won't have done his chances any harm with his second yesterday. He also did pretty well in the recent Volta a Castello. Ben Moshe has had more racing and chances with the main team, but hasn't done much to show he's worthy of a spot next year.

-----------------

We've had runners, rowers and ski jumpers switching to cycling. How about a professional dancer?

https://www.facebook.com/IsraelCyclingAcademy/posts/3410750952361772

This is a sports story that can not be disliked: a professional dancer who studied ballet and works for a living in a cafe - managed to astonish professional riders and become the Israeli champion on the road and now hopes to get a professional contract.

Please get to know: the new Israeli champion Vlad Logionov.

I understand that everyone is a bit shocked but the truth is that I came to the race with a plan to surprise them and win. I knew that Startup Nation Quartet would tactically guard each other and not cooperate - and I could take advantage of that. And that's exactly what happened. '

In this respect he is right. The balance of terror between the four professionals of Israel Start but Nation played right into his hands.

'I knew there was no way I was going to stay with them until the end. I had no chance, 'said Logionov. "I had to run away from them." That's exactly what he did. In the end, he waged a fight against the young Sanad Abu Fares - and won the sprint.

"I have immense respect for the start-up professionals," Logionov said. 'But I took advantage of the rivalry to my advantage. Now my dream is to try to get a professional contract myself. '
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Sibiu Cycling Tour 2022 by Leadbelly
    [June 28, 2022, 19:05]

Re: Roadbooks by alex592
    [June 28, 2022, 18:43]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno
    [June 28, 2022, 06:22]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 27, 2022, 15:27]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno