collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3904
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2021, 22:22 »
Israel start-up nation #israel has had really bad luck with their stage race hopefuls, or if you can call Chris Froome hopeful anymore it is hard to tell, but at least they were hopeful for him when they signed him. His pre-race crash in the Dauphine 2 years ago now was a real disaster. Less well known is the story of Carl Fredrik Hagen, who might have had a bright year with more opportunities if not for his crash while training this winter. I only recently, while watching the nationals here in Norway, learned more about how bad it was. Basically he dislocated his shoulder (It was somewhere down on his chest, he said) but more likely, without details being provided, a lot of soft tissue damage must have come with it. Status is, he has only recently been able to grab the handlebars with his arms and maybe he is cycling just a little bit now. It is still going to be a long way back, unfortunately. I haven't bothered checking his contract status but if he is on a 1-year deal I doubt he'll ever race for the ISN team.
  • ReplyReply

•