collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9530
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #660 on: August 07, 2021, 20:25 »
Nice win for Hermans today. :cool

https://twitter.com/WielerFlits/status/1423555533265645570

He doesn't know what is happening yet re: his future.

The Limburger could not tell us much about his future, Hermans is at the end of his contract with Israel Start-Up Nation. “I have left that to my management my entire career and it has never let me down. But if it's up to me, I'd be happy to stay with my current team. I feel very good here and see a lot of pros compared to other teams.”

“I wouldn't know where other teams are doing so much better. Okay, the top teams with a bigger budget may be able to support their riders a little more professionally, but at Israel Start-Up Nation they don't do that badly. The environment in which to perform is also good. There is no great pressure. They can also live with a place of honor. And if I don't ride a prize once, it's because I've had bad luck or I'm sick. They show understanding for that.”

“If I want to adjust my program, they are open to it. No, you don't hear me complaining. Can I end my career there? That's another question. That is always possible. But I'm 35. I don't think a two-year contract is enough. It is always possible, as soon as I feel that I can no longer win races, I stop. But I'm not going to assume that today."

In another interview after today's victory he echoed some earlier thoughts about being happy riding "nice little races" like ARoN and not being overly bothered about riding GTs and chasing a stage win.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Sibiu Cycling Tour 2022 by Leadbelly
    [June 28, 2022, 19:05]

Re: Roadbooks by alex592
    [June 28, 2022, 18:43]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno
    [June 28, 2022, 06:22]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 27, 2022, 15:27]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno