collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9530
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #660 on: August 13, 2021, 12:00 »
He still should get his chances in 2022.

The team have said they won't be buying a GC rider this year (but you never know), Froome still won't be a GT captain, Woods will do Tour and Vuelta imo, Hermans ain't so keen on GTs, Martin might not be with the team and that leaves the Giro free at least.

Now what his actual level is, is another matter. Pre or post-injury. I remain to be convinced.

---------------------------------------------------

After a shaky start to the Volta (the entire team finished over 30 mins down on stage 4), there have been some excellent results from Hollyman and Mackellar. Nothing from the Israelis though. Hopefully the aforementioned duo can do something on the remaining two normal stages.

I have to hold my hands up and say that I didn't really expect much from Mackellar with the team. Those pictures of him looking like a total EF wannabe scruff put me off and the fact that his Dad is rather rich I think, had me jumping to conclusions.

Neither is ready for the move to WT yet imo (none of the devo team is), but the Brit might get the chance if there is enough room. It'll help attract other future talents if they see people making the jump.

---------------------------------------------------

No Israel team at l'Avenir which starts today, but the team does have some representation. Plamondon and Boucek are riding for their respective countries.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Sibiu Cycling Tour 2022 by Leadbelly
    [June 28, 2022, 19:05]

Re: Roadbooks by alex592
    [June 28, 2022, 18:43]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno
    [June 28, 2022, 06:22]

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [June 27, 2022, 15:27]

Re: Roadbooks by Wieno