collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9494
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #720 on: November 27, 2021, 11:49 »
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/we-want-to-see-results-from-him-israel-start-up-nation-expect-chris-froomes-form-to-improve-as-they-target-a-place-among-the-super-teams

Another interview with Verbrugghe.

Verbrugghe admits that it is a hard sell encouraging proven general classification riders to join the team.

“We want to develop within, and we want to merge the Continental development team with the WorldTour team, but when there is an opportunity [to sign a rider], you have to try and take it,” he said.

“We were close to signing two young riders for this season who, in my eyes, are probably the future of Grand Tours and very decent stage winners. But one went to Bora-Hansgrohe, and the other went to Deceuninck-Quick-Step.

Van Wilder and Vlasov (could have been Hindley I guess, but I don't view him as the future of GTs) presumably. It's good that they're at least trying to move in that direction, but as he himself admits it's difficult.

Hopefully people like Skjelmose and McNulty are already on the radar for next year, or even some bigger names.
  • ReplyReply

•