collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9742
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Premier Tech of Cycling
« Reply #750 on: August 30, 2022, 20:12 »
https://twitter.com/KaplanJonathanE/status/1564570047355490304

Kessler interview. Very focused and seems to have an old head on his young shoulders.

What's your advice for someone a few years younger than you?

“My most generic advice would be to not give up. One thing I did not know then that I know now is to try your best at networking. The more people you know in this sport, the better it is for you. This can help get on teams because, often as an American, it can be hard to make it onto a professional team.”

“If you know people who were former professionals in America and get contacts for them because many of them are now team directors. You have to become a more social person if you’re not already. And it can help knowing people because, for example, if you have a bad season, and teams only know you at a surface level, they might not realize what you’re capable of doing. If you know someone, you can share with them your power profiles and share your thoughts on the season. So networking is really important for launching your career and its longevity.”
  • ReplyReply

•