L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6786
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
I was thinking the other day, what is this Route d'Occitanie? And of course it is the Route du Sud, rebadged probably to acknowledge some governmental source of funding.

And it's a pretty neat stage race, a romp around Cathar country with something for everyone except TT lovers and who cares about them?

On Stage 1, we had a bunch gallop won by Bouhanni #cofidis which was remarkable only for the fact that he sprinted separately from teammate - and dare we say rival? - Laporte, who finished second ahead of Le Coq Fautif.

Another lumpy day on Stage 2 ended with another sprint, this time won by pint-sized CXer Venturini of #ag2r. Boubou came second but in placing higher than Laporte (4th) he probably thought he had won on points, without really achieving a technical knockout.

Stage 3 was a solid MTF and Valverde #movistar had clearly pencilled it in as the stage where he would remind us that he was back racing for the first time since his rather disappointing LBL, which left Navarro wondering just what it would take for him to finally get a win.

As if Valverde hadn't done enough already, he decided to ride off on the final Stage 4 with frequent training buddy Sanchez #astana and rack up another memorable performance. Thankfully the peloton didn't give up and caught the pair within sight of the finish. Valverde still managed to finish second behind Roux of #fdj, who hadn't won anything since 2015.

• ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni