collapse

krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
  • Multiple World Champion
  • Liked: 2624
  • Donald J Krabkakes
  • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
Second Most Popular Cycling Event Comes to Pasadena
Italian tradition will take to local streets

The first ever Gran Fondo Giro d’ Italia Expo and Ride held in the U.S. will be held in Pasadena on July 21 and 22, 2012, giving  local competitive and recreational amateur cyclists of all abilities the opportunity to experience the long-distance mass-start cycling event that has become a tradition in Italy.

Michele Acquarone, General Director of RCS Sport, during the final Giro d’Italia press conference announced:  “The Giro d’Italia has always represented an exceptional vehicle to promote Italy; it is loved and followed by millions of enthusiasts around the world.”

“For this reason, we decided to launch the ‘Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia,’ bringing the atmosphere of the Italian cycling around the world. To embrace this project of international branding, we will start with two Gran Fondos in two great American cities: Los Angeles and Miami,” continued Acquarone.

The Pasadena ride itself, where participants can choose from three courses ranging from 25 to 83 miles, will begin and end at Pasadena City Hall on July 22, 2012.  An expo offering food, entertainment, and Italian Gran Fondo merchandise will open at City Hall on July 21, and will continue on through July 22, 2012.

“Our city is honored to be one of only two locations in the United States chosen to host the premiere Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia series,” said Pasadena Mayor Bill Bogaard of the event. “We proudly welcome RCS Sport and all the participants to a week-end in our city filled with fun and excitement.”

Present at the festivities will be Pasadena City Mayor Bill Bogaard, Consul General of Italy in Los Angeles Giuseppe Perrone, Italian Trade Commission in Los Angeles Director Carlo Bocchi, and Gran Fondo Giro d’Italia Director Sabra Nagel

http://gfgiro.com

Scott, usedtobefast either of you going to fondo? :)
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    Hugh januss Is in the area too.  How about you krebby? :-\
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    I have not ridden in six years mew :-[
  • ReplyReply

• usedtobefast

• Domestique
    • Liked: 82
    I'll not being going to that there Grande Fondo. I'm sure it will be a fun event. i don't pay to ride my bike much these days. other than maintenance ;D
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Donald J Krabkakes
    The only pay ride I did was the Tour de Sewer just because of the T-shirts :fp

The BBQ chicken is pretty good too :win
  • ReplyReply

•