collapse

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3444
  • Awards: 2020 Tour de France Prediction Champ2020 Worlds Prediction Champ2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
Re: 2021 Tour de France Grand Départ in Denmark
« on: February 22, 2019, 12:14 »
Lars Løkke Rasmussen, Prime minister of Denmark: "I am both very happy and very proud that the Tour de France is coming to Denmark. Denmark is one of the greatest cycling nations in the world, so to be able to welcome the best bike riders in the world and host the world's most iconic cycling race is an honour and a privilege. The Danes are more than ready to host one of the greatest sporting events in the world. I really look forward to the summer of 2021".

Without any knowledge of Danish politics or whether he is a good or popular PM or one I would want to vote for, I was impressed when they were interviewing him at the Copenhagen 6 day event, on two separate nights, that he knew what he was talking about.  This does seem to be a general interest from a politician, rather than the usual pretence for the sake of being seen as a "man of the people." ("Was it Aston Villa or West Ham I said I liked? I only chose them because I would remember the claret")
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks bonjour Jai télécharger l appli by roy
    [Today at 19:21]

Re: Roadbooks by Samuel
    [Today at 15:01]

Re: Roadbooks by Kevin34
    [June 13, 2021, 00:38]

Re: Roadbooks by Sandrine06
    [June 06, 2021, 21:43]

roadbook by le gac
    [June 05, 2021, 08:05]

Re: Roadbooks by le gac