collapse

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 2516
Re: 105th Tour of Flanders (254 km)
« on: April 02, 2021, 17:34 »
Really looking forward to this. So many options this time, it's not just a two-man race this year. Mathieu and Wout are good, but not great at the moment: I don't think they can distance the field as easily as last year. They could easily get trapped in a tactical race again as in E3, allowing others to benefit. Between the two of them though, I'd give the edge to Wout at the moment - his form seems to be improving, while Mathieu looks like he (understandibly) needs a break.

Quickstep again have a great team with a lot of options, and will make it difficult for the others. Such a shame about Stybar, he looked very good so far. But even without them, QS have plenty of others - although Alaphilippe's form is a big question mark for me. Riders like Bettiol, Van Baarle (who has been impressive so far), Küng, Naesen, Van Avermaet or Stuyven could also have a good chance if they play it smart (which for Naesen and Greg admittedly seems unlikely on recent evidence).

My guess would be a tactical race, where an underdog takes the win from a long attack, with the big names caught watching eachother. Maybe Yves Lampaert?
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.