collapse

Mellow Velo

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3732
  • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
Re: 105th Tour of Flanders (254 km)
« on: April 06, 2021, 20:38 »
The winner of the women’s Tour of Flanders, Annemiek van Vleuten was caught on camera discarding a bidon outside one of the designated litter areas just after the Kanarieberg, with around 43km left to race.

But the jury opted not to disqualify Movistar rider Van Vleuten from the race, allowing her to ride to her second career win in Flanders.

Speaking after the stage, Van Vleuten told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad: “I thought I had done everything in accordance with the regulations.

“I saw someone with a blue jacket and assumed it was someone from the team. And so I threw my water bottle away, assuming I didn’t make a mistake.

“I was mistaken.”

But the jury later ruled that Van Vleuten was allowed to keep her title.

Meanwhile Italian rider Letizia Borghesi (Aromitalia – Basso Bikes – Vaiano) was disqualified from the same race for throwing a bidon just outside one of the littering areas.

In a statement posted on Facebook, Borghesi said she was also fined for the offence, adding that the cost of the fine was greater than the prize money taken home by Van Vleuten for winning the race.

Stinks like a month old dead fish.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 22:09 by Mellow Velo »
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.