collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3775
So comeon, velorooms, who will win this?

We usually suspect #ineos will be up there but I have not seen Bernal doing anything worth mentioning this year, and Sivakov was not impressive in the TotA. Least impressive was the tactic of going all in for Sivakov when he had a bad day and exploded big time once he hit the front. Actually he looked like a new #groupama captain right there  :-x

#bahrain is another team with a few established GC riders although having seen Bilbao around these parts before he started changing focus, I still find it surprising he is now among the favorites. However, he has been a rather consistent rider and I can see hom grabbing the win like Zubeldia should have done it himself..

#bikeexchange has been a dominant team, not a winning several of the last vintages of the Giro. Chaves came 2nd in GC partly because he had the descending skills to follow the shark and was leading in GC with 2 remaining stages after Nibali drove Kruijswijk off the road in 201. Chaves was showing himself a true GC rider although he caught a cold and couldn't defend his lead on the penultimate stage. Simon Yates is a different cup of tea even if he has won the Vuelta, his 2018 Giro collapse is something almost easier to remember (few who watched will forget that stage which probably will go down in history as Froome's last dance  at that level.) Simon Yates has one of the best pokerfaces of the peloton. Only Quintana can rival him for the "looking relaxed and composed doing good until BONK! Game over! collapse". If he manages his restitution better, Yates is a top candidate.

I think a slightly surprising win may be on the books for this edition. That includes the finless shark of #trek, but a few younger riders that have shown they can ride GC yet they are not aquired by #ineos yet. However, none of them are unknowns.
#astana Aleksandr Vlasov
#bora Emanuel Buchmann
#ef Hugh Carty
#quickstep João Almeida
#groupama Attila Valter
#jumbo Tobias Foss
#movistar Marc Soler
#dsm Jai Hindley

add Landa and BArdet and it should be all the required ingredients for your top -10 GC dinner. Enjoy?

My GC winner pick .... #ef Hugh Carthy, the new Hesjedal! , #dsm Hindley and  #bora Buchmann.

If predicting the winner is easy for you, try predicting the new #ef collaboration kit for the Giro....or will the wait for the Tour?

https://twitter.com/jasongay/status/1313536809926889472

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 17:00 by LukasCPH »

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by polenta
    [July 29, 2021, 10:34]

[July 29, 2021, 09:55]

[July 29, 2021, 09:44]

[July 29, 2021, 09:34]